jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (19 posts)

Google Rank - Help Please!

1. Bill Gassett profile image59
    Bill Gassettposted 9 years ago

As of yesterday my hub ranked very highly in google for most of my search terms. Today it is completely gone from google....not even listed at all. Also on the stats page of my hub there are no incoming hits from any where but hubpages.com. Yesterday I had hits coming in from multiple sources including google, stumble upon, digg, ect. Which were all listed. Today all gone except hubpages - very strange!

Can anyone explain what is the cause of this? Going from page 1 in google to nothing at all really is the pitts. Help Please!!

2. Fitter profile image76
    Fitterposted 9 years ago

There could be a lot of reasons.
    Could you specify an url of your hub so I can take a look?

3. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

Hi Bill,
    i checked out your hub and I did a google search, it is on the first page of google ranking.....JIMMY

4. Bill Gassett profile image59

Jimmy - Thanks for getting back to me. What search term did you use to find a #1 page rank. I can not find it anywhere. I am using metro west ma real estate as the search term. Thanks for your help.

Do you know why the other sources are no long in the stats page of my hub?

5. Bill Gassett profile image59

Fitter - this is my url - http://hubpages.com/hub/Real_Estate_in_ … est_Boston

Actually I may be losing my mind but could have sworn that the url was something else a few days ago. Don't rememeber it being so long. Thanks for taking a look.

6. Fitter profile image76
    Fitterposted 9 years ago

Hm. Everything seems fine with your hub.
    Temporary getting out from Google index is normal now.
    Some of my hubs have the same thing - they are gone for few days and than come back on their positions.
    Btw, here is the service I'm using for my hubs to check rankings:
    http://seodigger.com/
    Please take a look, it's VERY useful.

7. Bill Gassett profile image59

Hi Fitter - its normal for it to be removed completely? I entered my url into google search and the search tool you just mentioned and it says its not indexed in google. Call me crazy but I would think it would at least be in the data base?

1. Fitter profile image76
      Fitterposted 9 years ago in reply to this

yep
      you can't find it with "site:" , "inurl:" or even " 'your url" command
      that happens sometimes with my hubs
      i think (and thats what happened with my hubs) your hub will come back into index within few days

8. profile image0
    simcoposted 9 years ago

Hi Bill,

The same thing has happened with me in relation to the hub stats,however I had a problem with my computer and reset the computer back one day to reset some data,so I thought that was the reason for me.

9. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 9 years ago

Yes, this happens fequently with Google.  The best way to get a page to remain in the index is to build outside links from other relevant sites to the page.  Usually, just a few good links will keep it in the index.

1. Fitter profile image76
      Fitterposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Totally agree

Maybe it caused by DC's update but in this case I think we shouldn't guess what's happening - just continue working on other hubs smile

10. Bill Gassett profile image59

Do you know why it leaves? I could see it dropping way down in rank in the search pages but to be removed out of the data base completely seems real strange?

11. jimmythejock profile image84

copy and past your hub title into google search....jimmy

1. profile image59
      kaitlyneposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Kool....

12. Bill Gassett profile image59

Jimmy - I did and see that it is back listed again. It was not this morning.
    I added it this morning to the google site submit and it is now back. Can you explain why it would fall out completely? I could see it dropping way down in page rank but don't understand why it would be removed?

13. jimmythejock profile image84

it could just be that the google search spiders missed it and found it again on their next search

14. livelonger profile image87
    livelongerposted 9 years ago

This is just the way Google works. They don't send a steady flow of traffic all the time. I would guess this is the price you pay for getting very quick ranking on terms. If you get suddenly great ranking, someone else loses it, right?

I have this Hub that I created because I couldn't find anything like it on the Web:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Lyrics-Junior-Boys-Equalizer

It jumps from ranking 2nd to nowhere, every other day or so. smile

15. profile image60
    Night Crawlerposted 9 years ago

It was Google getting ready to update. Actually the update is going on now...

16. Angela Harris profile image75
    Angela Harrisposted 9 years ago

Thanks for seodigger, Fitter.
    You're right- it's a great tool.

working