jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Is it safe to use simpy?

1. alexadry profile image92
    alexadryposted 8 years ago

I noticed that hubpages offers by default the "share it" option so that the articles written can be submitted to sites as diggs, stumble upon, simpy. I submitted my articles to diggs and stumble upon and almost submitted one to simpy. However, Simpy clearly states that the site cannot be used to attract traffic and it will not allow to post continuos blogs as you publish them. I was wondering why then is simpy listed as an option under the share it tab?

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Hi Alexadry,

Read the terms and conditions for Digg and Stumbleupon and they also tell you that you're not allowed to use them to attract traffic.  The "Share It" option is there so that your readers can bookmark your article, not the author. 

In practice, a lot of authors do Digg, Stumble or Simpy their own stuff.  If you're going to do it, though, you have to be very careful - make sure your own material is only a very small portion of what you bookmark, because if you're found out, you could be banned.

3. chantelg4 profile image78
    chantelg4posted 8 years ago

Acutally, stumble will only allow about a dozen of hubpages be submitted by any 1 user. Once you're capped, someone else who has not reached this cap will need to submit for you. They won't ban you or anything, they just put a stop to the "new discoveries" Hope I did not confuse anybody.

1. makemoneyonline profile image61
      makemoneyonlineposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Interesting how do you know that ? I still don't use social networks because the rules were not clear for me.

4. alexadry profile image92
    alexadryposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the insight. It is so hard to read (and understand) all their terms and conditions, I have posted a few hubs -about four- so I guess the key is not to submit too many?

5. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

I think the key is to understand how "normal" user uses particular site, and then you'll have an idea what you can get away with...

1. alexadry profile image92
      alexadryposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your imput. I have noticed most "digg" a lot other users and add have a good level of participation.