jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

character widget

1. 0
    china manposted 6 years ago

The only positive line in the recent and ongoing forums catfight was the idea that we, in reality, get to like or dislike the avatar beings who inhabit the forum discussions. The idea that this is a social space populated with masks that are hiding the real character of the person behind it is interesting. Social spaces have rules, the high priests and priestesses of hub world have to account to the money god and so put up the commandments. Down here in the hub village we can be having a discussion, enjoying a bit of fun or a good argument - with avatars that then break out with the unsavoury nature of the person behind the mask. There is no warning of the nature of the person, unless you have met them before.

Maybe a CHARACTER WIDGET would be useful, a tag on the avatar where others can give points for character, some visible sign as we can't get the physical signs from seeing them and their behaviour. How about something simple, say, 4 levels from 'nice', to 'ok' to 'oh dear' to 'bitch'. If this widget, or maybe a hat on the avatar, was set where anyone can only click it once for their impression it would reflect what people think of them for the rest of us to see.

1. pooja0908 profile image65
      pooja0908posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nice thougt but how can we decides others character coz there are so many things to analyze. Every person has his own thinking then who will decide that who is wrong and who is right. Something right for you may be wrong for any other person.
      What do you think abt it?

2. 0
      Deborah Sextonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The problem with this is that like on the questions and answers area of hubpages, if someone does not agree with you they can give you bad points giving the rest of the hubbers the wrong idea. Once someone is marked they are prejudged. It's human nature.

1. 0
        china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe - I put it up as a kind of tongue in cheek wish as much as an idea.

We are a point in question - I disagree with your ideas but kinda like you at the same time.

1. 0
          Deborah Sextonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. Some people don't see it that way. I have made a few enemies here just because I don't say "Yes" to them.