jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Newbee in search of feedback and some info

1. ugagirl66 profile image83
    ugagirl66posted 6 years ago

Hi I am pretty new to the hub. But, I have written 4 hubs to date. I was hoping if some of you have time if you would consider reading my hubs and giving me some feedback.

Also, I have read in a few places that you can actually make an income from doing this. Can someone please explain to me if that is true and if so please suggest to me what I need to do in order to participate?

Any suggestions for new hubbers is greatly appreciated. I would also like to try and increase my followers and in turn figure out how to follow others. Do you have any suggestions for some good reading?

http://hubpages.com/hub/hrcheckup is one of my hubs..

I also have

Body Boundaries
    How to become a Guardian Ad Litem
    How a Carwash changed my life forever and how this may just save you or your childs life.

2. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

You have some great info in there. I'd make a couple of suggestions:

1.  It's very long (3,100 words by my count). You could probably break it into two or three hubs... focus on some of the sub elements you have in there regarding things like "being helpful" and "being flexible"... could be their own anchors.

2. Put some pictures and videos in to break up the text.  People show up to a hub they're usually expecting a sort of "multi-media" experience. At least images, if not a couple of YouTube items.

3. Make sure you're spelling and grammar are right. You have a subject verb agreement issue in the opening paragraph and a number of other small issues along the way.  Too much of that can cost you credibility and turn readers to the back button, especially if one of those happens right away.  If you compose in your Word Processor you can catch a lot of that stuff with spell check and grammar checker. 

Still, all that said, you write very nicely; you have a very engaging "voice" and it's very easy to read.  I've been in management for decades and your advice is sound, so I think it's a fine start for an early hub.  I imagine you'll do very well here.

ugagirl66posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much. I appreciate the feedback, it is very helpful.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I read your impressive car wash story and left a comment.

As far as your hubs, you will learn some formatting tips by looking at other hubs.

I would suggest you break up your text by making  short paragraphs. (Yes, I know it's not the way your English teacher taught you, but for print on a computer screen-- it is much easier to read.)

Also, adding photos, graphics or other capsules will help vary your layout I wrote this before seeing Shadesbreath's comments-- Follow him smile

Thank you. I appreciate the feedback.

4. Ohma profile image81
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

I agree with finding away to break up the text a little but I woud not change a word of your carwash hub!

Thank you, I really appreciate the feedback and carwash comments.