jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Out of Body Experiences

1. Going2Oahu profile image60
    Going2Oahuposted 7 years ago

Have you ever had an out of body or "near death" experience? If yes, please tell us about it.

1. Beelzedad profile image61
      Beelzedadposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't think there is such a thing as an 'out of body experience' as we can't get outside of our bodies. the brain isn't made that way. With near death experiences, the brain is undergoing serious trauma with neurons randomly firing all over the place creating images from the subconscious. Easily explained phenomena.

2. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image90
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 7 years ago

I regularly enjoy OBEs, by choice.  But why do you wish to know about this?  smile

1. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Why not? wink

2. Going2Oahu profile image60
      Going2Oahuposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have a friend that is getting me interested in exactly what you posted about - out of body experiences by choice. I have been using her suggestions and the result has been some mind blowing dreams. Just wondering who has gone further, in other words conscious mind and sleeping body. I know that the most common occurrence of this is during those near death experiences.

3. Green Lotus profile image60
    Green Lotusposted 7 years ago

Oooh I would like to know about it. I'd also like to experience one smile

Me too. I'm not real interested in the "near death" part but I would love to be able to have the out of body experience - especially if I had some choice in where I was going to travel to!

4. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image90
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 7 years ago

May I suggest you take a look at the work of Stephen LaBerge , who has a website and books available, and who has done a huge amount of work with lucid dreaming and OBEs.

Many people have reported OBEs/NDEs at a time of near-death. At one time their experiences were dismissed as a result of oxygen starvation to the brain but this is easily disproved by those who can induce OBEs at will.

Thanks for the book recommendation!

You are saying almost the exact thing that my friend Malena is telling me. She induces the OBE state with meditation and isochronic recordings but says that lots of people can do it without either of these. I started using her recordings and have had some outrageous dreams. She says that I am well on my way and the OBE will occur if I continue working on it.

5. Green Lotus profile image60
    Green Lotusposted 7 years ago

I've experimented using tapes years ago, but not lately. Thanks for the reference!

6. Going2Oahu profile image60
    Going2Oahuposted 7 years ago

I'm still interested in hearing about real life experiences if anyone would care to share and it's not too personal. What induced the experience (i.e. auto accident, surgery, self-induced) and where did you go (hovering above, short distance, long distance)?

How about a "entering the light" experience... anyone here had one of those?

7. marinealways24 profile image61
    marinealways24posted 7 years ago

I have never done this, but I would recommend using caution to everyone to anyone that claims they have. There is usually money involved or the fact that some want to have higher capabilities than others.

working