jump to last post 1-26 of 26 discussions (31 posts)

Mark Knowles

1. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 9 years ago

*cracks knuckles*

Alright, let me get in on this, I've been aching for some good forum action since Hublove is over and I don't have anything to vent my frustrations about..

There is a reason Mark is being defended here.  He didn't waltz on to Hubpages with some copy/paste crap aimed at the redneck, the welfare recipient, the mongoloid and the fellow spam-head, he writes quality content with a purpose, flow and reason. 

He might not be the nicest guy on the block, but he's a damn sight nicer than I am, that's for sure. 

So here it is, Mr. 'Believes it Because I Read it'-

I found the text you quote here in numerous websites as well.  How about we quote a different section of one of the pages I found?

So.. what you're peddling is a series of ebooks to target all the people who are stupid enough, gullible enough, to believe that they were buying a piece of equipment which will help them save money on their car's gas bills.

How dirty and cheap is that? 

So, before you go attempting to attack Mark, take a good look at the crap you're trying to spew on our beloved Hubpages.  Do you really think we're gullible enough to want that kind of crap around? 

It's not a system, it's a series of books.  Call it like it is, just like we are to you.

I do hope you have a good day, but damn, stop trying to be billy badass on the intarwebz.  If it won't work for me, it sure as hell won't work for you.

::::This has been a public service flaming, funded by Gamergirl and the Ad Council::::

2. WeddingConsultant profile image81
    WeddingConsultantposted 9 years ago

Gamergirl, sounds like you had some pinned up aggression! haha
    wink

3. gamergirl profile image60

No hubs and 24 hours of sleep in two days makes gamergirl an itchy flamer.. >.>

Edits to add:

Plus, it's complete toss that people keep busting their top over their content being removed when it's obviously total crap.  Get mad at yourself for posting the rubbish, not at my buddy Mark.  So there.

4. kerryg profile image88
    kerrygposted 9 years ago

I have obviously spent too long in fandom, because my impulse is to sit back, pop some popcorn, and wait for the OMG UR SO MEEEEN IM LEAVING! post and inevitable bahleetions.

5. gamergirl profile image60

Interesting, looks like the guy got deleted from the site?

1. funride profile image76
      funrideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Thank to hubpages gods, reporting posts really works! wink

6. WeddingConsultant profile image81

haha that must have JUST happened.  I seriously just saw his picture and profile like 3 minutes ago...

Some of his other threads were ALL CAPS, cursing, etc. so I suppose it was inevitable.

7. Peter M. Lopez profile image90
    Peter M. Lopezposted 9 years ago

It's no coincidence that Mark gets defended so vigorously.  He is first and foremost willing to help anyone with legitimate questions posted in the forums, he tells it like it when it comes to spammers, and he always uses smilies. 

See, it's not so hard to get along with everyone.

8. Peter M. Lopez profile image90
    Peter M. Lopezposted 9 years ago

Oops, I guess I was too late.  By the time I posted he was gone.

9. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

LOL - Well I wasn't trying to get him deleted, but at least this time they didn't just delete his posts so it looks as though I was talking to myself. big_smile

And thanks for backing me up all. smile

10. WeddingConsultant profile image81
  11. gamergirl profile image60

Much love Mark Knows All!  *giggles*

12. Mark Knowles profile image60

LOL - Haven't heard that one before smile

13. Zsuzsy Bee profile image83
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 9 years ago

My server was down for a few days and I come back to what seems havoc again. Whos attacking Mark Knows All? I love that title. Mark has been one of the greatest help to me when I started my 'to blog or web-site' search. Thanks again for that Mark. I wouldn't have known where to even beginn. So I'm with you Charlotte. regards Zsuzsy

14. Mark Knowles profile image60

My pleasure. You missed all the fun, although I think darkside came in for more insults than I did smile

1. darkside profile image79
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Was there more?

I had to go to bed.

The last thing I got to see was him telling me to F' off.

And all because I pulled him up on his forum etiquette.

15. Zsuzsy Bee profile image83
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 9 years ago

So where did all the 'good stuff' go? Man-oh-man I'm still suffering from my 80 hours without internet withdrawal symtoms. I need input...zs

16. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

LOL I missed on the fun, too sad But wasn't that the guy that was trying to insult me a couple of days ago?

17. Mark Knowles profile image60

Yes - You called him a snake oil salesman if I remember LOL

1. darkside profile image79
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Misha was being kind.

If I remember correctly being a "snail oil salesman" is a far worse accusation. big_smile

1. Misha profile image75
        Mishaposted 9 years ago in reply to this

In fact I called him both - exactly for his water/fuel stuff. But there was a spam thread from him where I was really kind to him trying to explain the rules... He did not get it, and kept calling me names and reporting my posts yikes

I could not find the thread the next morning though... big_smile

The most disappointing part is that nobody was around to watch it sad I still can't decipher the meaning of word GISHA big_smile

18. Stacie Naczelnik profile image89
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years ago

Hm...I take a breather and I miss a battle.

19. Mark Knowles profile image60

'Twas an epic battle too. Although, I will be glad when this one drops off the page - it's disconcerting to see my name here every time. (He says, putting it back up the list) LOL

Stacie - Congratulations on your own epic battle too big_smile

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image90
      Peter M. Lopezposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I don't believe that for a second, Mark.  You love it. smile

20. embitca profile image87
    embitcaposted 9 years ago

Damn it. Leave the internets for a few hours and I miss all the fun. That is so wrong! wink

21. gamergirl profile image60

*bumps this so Mark sees his own name*

I'm actually kinda glad my post stayed, since it was a doozy of a zinger.  *grins*

22. Mark Knowles profile image60

LOL

Still freaks me out and in the back of my mind is..."What did I do wrong?" A bit like when you are driving and you see the police lights behind you - even though you are going the speed limit LOL

23. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

Wow Mark, you got to love this one lol, a whole forum thread dedicated to you, fame at last lol.....jimmy
    you should use it to spam your hubs, after all its your thread your hubs must be relevant to the discussion big_smile

24. Mark Knowles profile image60

LOL

Well, I guess so....

I will come back here once a week and drop a link.

25. Mark Knowles profile image60

Well at least hubpages have learned to delete the whole thing. There are several of my ones where it looks as though I am talking to myself. LOL

I missed that one though Misha.

I use the quote option now smile

26. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago

Darn, I missed it!   I saw his post yesterday and my finger itched to write a sarky reply, but then I thought perhaps I should just let the thread die quietly.  I could have got in first!   $%^&#$%!

working