Screen shots

1. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 7 years ago

How do I capture screen shot? Like when people take screen shots of a portion of a web page. I can’t seem to figure this out.

I am on a mac using Safari and sometimes Camino. Do I need a different browser?
    So confused.

1. thisisoli profile image60
      thisisoliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Shortcuts

Command-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it as a file on the desktop
      Command-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it as a file on the desktop
      Command-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it as a file on the desktop
      Command-Control-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it to the clipboard
      Command-Control-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it to the clipboard
      Command-Control-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it to the clipboard
      In Leopard, the following keys can be held down while selecting an area (via Command-Shift-4 or Command-Control-Shift-4):

Space, to lock the size of the selected region and instead move it when the mouse moves
      Shift, to resize only one edge of the selected region
      Option, to resize the selected region with its center as the anchor point

All from http://guides.macrumors.com/Taking_Scre … n_Mac_OS_X

1. profile image0
        JeanMeriamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much. You have been so helpful to me on the forum. I really appreciate it.

working