jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What happened to "Author Status"?

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
    Sally's Troveposted 7 years ago

Author Status were the ratings like "Expert", "All-star", "Elite", and "Prodigy", based on number of Hubs published and HubRank.

The only mention I could find of Author Status in the forums is here:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/17215#post250504

Since it no longer appears with the profile info, but it is still documented in Help, where does it appear, or does it? And if it doesn't, should reference to it be eliminated from Help?

1. Aya Katz profile image89
      Aya Katzposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good question. I wondered about that, too.

2. sunforged profile image63
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

that feature has been gone for quite a while now...6 months maybe? Your right should be removed from FAQs

3. Rochelle Frank profile image87
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

I didn't notice that it was gone-- I never thought it was very important, except when I first started. I was eager to get to 20 hubs to be an"expert". (I still don't know what I'm expert in.) Yes, it should be eliminated from mention in FAQ's.

Sally's Troveposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I share your lack of self-knowledge. smile

4. Sally's Trove profile image99
    Sally's Troveposted 7 years ago

Glad I'm not the only one who's a bit puzzled...still wondering if that Author Status appears somewhere here, hidden perhaps (giving the benefit of the doubt to HP being current with Help/FAQs)?

5. Rafini profile image86
    Rafiniposted 7 years ago

I thought it was the same as the author score - isn't that the number on your thumbnail?

Sally's Troveposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You bring up a good point. That little number is your HubRank, according to HP Help, but it's called a lot of other things too, like Profile Score or Author Score or Hubber Score.

Author Status is different. It's a calculated score based on the number of Hubs you've published and the value of your HubRank.

Check this Help entry out for defining HubRank and Author Status:

http://hubpages.com/guide/stats/hubscore

working