jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Amazon Associate Account Newbie

1. Simone Faith profile image61
    Simone Faithposted 6 years ago

Evening All!

I recently wrote my first hub and opened an amazon associates account.  I got a response saying the following..... "Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept your application. Upon review, I noticed you supplied the popular site www.hubpages.com as your registered URL. Your application and account have been rejected and closed.

We need a complete and valid URL for the website where you intend to display links to Amazon.com before we can process an application."

Does everyone who advertises amazon products have their OWN website too or am i missing something??  Please help as I am all geared up to be a hubber but have fallen at the first hurdle!!  I notice the amazon books I listed on my hub came up alright so I am completely confused.

many thanks.

1. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No-one's answered so I'm only trying to help.
      I don't think the link the want is the general hubpages address, ,but your user name URL? The one at the top of your profile page?

1. lovelypaper profile image68
        lovelypaperposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree. Copy and paste the one in the browser of your profile page or a published hub url.

2. Mike Rogers profile image60
    Mike Rogersposted 6 years ago

Try submitting the actual URL of one of your published hubs. If that doesn't work, I would suggest starting a free Blogger blog, adding some solid content over a few days and submitting that URL for approval.

Once approved you will be able to use your Amazon Associates ID across other sites and platforms such as Hubpages.

3. Simone Faith profile image61
    Simone Faithposted 6 years ago

Thank-you both for your replies, perhaps my behind-the-scenes admin needs some attention.  I shall try opening an account again next week with your suggestions.  Fingers crossed.

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

There is a specific way to do this, I will get back to you in a copule of minutes when I find the page you need!

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Got it, it is your profile URL, give this a read smile