jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Weird question, What is the difference between a laptop bag and sleeve

1. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I was having a browse through amazon and found both and am not really sure what the difference is. The sleeves look pretty but is there something special or different about them from laptop bags?

1. muratos profile image59
      muratosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sleeves are thin cases, mostly without any extra sections for accessories like power adapters. Laptop bag is just a bag with padded sections inside smile

1. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Could you put your laptop in both? Say put in a pretty sleeve then in your bag for added protection?

2. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Hi Kirsten, when I am travelling I put my laptop in a sleeve and then put it in the laptop bag - just another layer of protection really!

3. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Yeah sleeves are not a real laptop bag in any way. It's just a wrapper for the laptop, I never use them. A laptop bag offers protection plus many pockets for all your accessories.

If you get one that is airport friendly, you can leave your laptop right in the bag when going through security. If it's not you have to take it out of the case and put the laptop in one of those bins, I hate that!

4. CreativeOrange profile image81
    CreativeOrangeposted 6 years ago

Not always but commonly laptop bags are bulky like a shoe while laptop sleeves are tight like a sock.