jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Posting a comment to self Promote? I thought it was a no-no

1. Faybe Bay profile image84
    Faybe Bayposted 7 years ago

I am not complaining, I am so happy to be here. But someone read one of my hubs and posted a comment. In the comment said hubber placed three links, to his stuff. I thought that was against the rules.

1. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It is - I would deny the comment unless it really adds value to your hub.

Faybe Bayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No it just thanks me for writing it and says "Reminds me of my family" then three links.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It is entirely your choice to delete it or not. I tend to delete those and mark them as spam, unless they are really good resources. He wouldn't be an "expert" in networking would he? lol

2. harryinc profile image61
    harryincposted 7 years ago

I would consider it as spam if its irrelevant.

no I will go read his hubs and then decide, I was just so surprised as no one had done it before. He has a couple of months on me here.  I haven't slept and I don't want to alienate anyone or cause trouble. Maybe he just needs help promoting himself.

3. mrpooper profile image35
    mrpooperposted 7 years ago

Personally I'd inform this person of the violation. Then give him the proper way to link to another hub. If that didn't work I'd hunt them down, chop off the typing fingers........ Okay, a little too violent. Just delete the comment'

PS only kidding about chopping off fingers. Please no emails.

4. bgpappa profile image86
    bgpappaposted 7 years ago

agreed, delete the comment.  If there is nothing substantive about your hub, just "great job" by the way here are three of mine,

Get rid of them.  You aren't alienating anyone by doing this.  It is simply rude on their part.

I was going to, but I am a softy. I put a comment that I was about to delete him as a shameless selfpromoter, but he has a hub about money. He is serving in Iran, and in his hub he gives links to some of the greats around here who have helped him on his way. I will e-mail him though. That page is a tribute to my brother, and my whole family will be reading it eventually.

5. Faybe Bay profile image84
    Faybe Bayposted 7 years ago

Thank you all for coming to my rescue. I was just unable what to make of it.

1. Gabriel Wilson profile image88
      Gabriel Wilsonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad you asked this as I have been wondering the same thing . Thanks and good hubbing .

Yes, I haven't slept, I've been writing controversy. I was too tired to think. I am glad it will help others.

working