jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)

AdSense Suspended Account

1. jellydonut25 profile image61
    jellydonut25posted 7 years ago

So, evidently, I had too many clicks coming in from one source. I know what that source is (I have a friend that works for the Buffalo Police Department, he's shared my hubber ID with his co-workers...when someone in the BPD HQ clicks on an ad, they ALL look like they're coming from the same IP address due to their intranet)

I appealed my deactivation to Google and they denied the appeal...

I'm not sure if I'll keep hubbing if I can't make any money doing so (that's the WHOLE reason I started, a little extra spending money) so I'm definitely looking for recourse...

I have 3 questions then:
    1.) Is there PERHAPS some piece of information that Google was looking for that I didn't supply and a second appeal would work?
    2.) Can I re-apply for another AdSense account and start over and assure this won't happen again?
    3.) Is there something else I can sign up for to replace AdSense revenue so I can still make some money here?

I'm actually REALLY unhappy about this because I was like $10 away from getting my first check...it just seems "convenient" to wait until a person gets so close to finally getting paid and then shut them out...

2. Dao Hoa profile image61
    Dao Hoaposted 7 years ago

"I'm actually REALLY unhappy about this because I was like $10 away from getting my first check...it just seems "convenient" to wait until a person gets so close to finally getting paid and then shut them out..."

Yes, that's stink!

3. skyfire profile image73
    skyfireposted 7 years ago

1. No i don't think so, they have lot of ways to find out about you and i don't think there was anything you didn't give it to them. Maybe you can explain them how your clicks were generated,maybe they'll listen to you.

2. If they stopped responding to your emails, you'll not be able to apply.

3. Yes there are many adsense alternatives,

- Kontera (which works with hubpages as well).
    - Infolinks
    - Adbrite
    - Yahoo Publisher network
    - Project wonderful
    - Buysellads

Adsense is not the end of world for publishers. It's just that you'll not be able to take much revenue from any other network like that.

My suggestion, keep writing Niche articles and try to earn from ebay/amazon(to tell you that ebay denied my application twice for blogs that generate more than 200 visitors a day). But still i'm hoping for best. I'm working on amazon now.

You can use hubpages just for kontera,amazon,ebay for now. See if you can manage it.But my suggestion is better start blog if you just want CPC earning. Make sure your friends don't ruin in again.

1. Ivorwen profile image79
      Ivorwenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Skyfire, from what I have understood, to get an e-bay account, you must have your own website, and a blog does not count.  They seem to be very picky.

1. skyfire profile image73
        skyfireposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have my own TLD domain blogs+Communties(not blogspot ones) + i've one digg type social bookmarking site(made just for science niche sites). All of them are PR2 and above.

1. Ivorwen profile image79
          Ivorwenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wow.  Tough crowd!

2. jellydonut25 profile image61
      jellydonut25posted 7 years ago in reply to this

This might sound lazy or whatever, but I don't want to blog and don't want to put THAT much effort into making money online...

I just wanted to come in, post hubs and make a slow, steady stream of income from a place, just for some extra spending money each month, so I could have a little incentive to keep writing and keep exercising that part of my brain.

Not to be a jerk, but I'm looking for the SIMPLE solution...but that's because I'm NOT looking to make more than a few hundred dollars off of AdSense per year...

I'm not looking to make a living from writing online or blogging, I have a day job

as for my friends "ruining" it...like I said, it wasn't like it was just one guy clicking on 30 ads per day (my clicks per day was like...MAYBE 10) there's a BUILDING full of people that were visiting my pages, but due to their intranet, had the same IP address and looked like suspicious activity...

i'm pretty incensed about all this

1. skyfire profile image73
        skyfireposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Don't know what to suggest to you now. But as adsense is at top priority for most hubbers here,if adsense is removed from HP then only thing left for side-income is amazon/ebay.

If you don't want to get blogging/niche sites  then i suggest you to start blogspot blog and use kontera/infolinks(other adnetworks) there and write just like you used to write here on HP,you'll get enough earning from infolinks/(or other ad networks) as side income.

4. skyfire profile image73

Yes,ebay is picky.

5. jellydonut25 profile image61

If I'm unable to get Google to re-instate my account then I have one more question:

can I disable Google ads on my hubs? I wouldn't want them to make money off of me if they aren't paying me for ad clicks...

6. skyfire profile image73

You can do that, make your hub as non-commercial when you create them.

1. jellydonut25 profile image61
      jellydonut25posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Would that disable Kontera if I had an account through that too?

If Google won't give me my AdSense account back, I'd like to try Kontera on hubpages...

7. skyfire profile image73

For this to work you've to contact hubpages. This is cause once you made hub as non-commercial you can't use any other ad-network as well. So contact hubpages via their email/report section of forums to clarify this.

8. jellydonut25 profile image61

thanks...I'll stay on top of this, definitely

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

good luck jellydonut. i would hate to see you go sad

9. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Unfortunately it is a recurring theme, a person shares their hubs (or blogs) with friends, family or co-workers and someone will either get click happy as a way of 'helping' you out (or depending on the person they may do it to sabotage your attempts to make extra money online, but that's a whole other story).

So my advice would be to not tell anyone, rely on search engine indexing and creating the odd back link. But it's a little late for that now, so hopefully others who are reading this will take what I'm saying onboard.

The only thing I can suggest is that you start a new account, publish new content, leave the other hub account active and use those hubs to link through to the hubs if they are of a related topic. And consider how you could go about getting a new account, perhaps get your spouse onboard and teach them how it all works and then when you've got enough quality hubs they can apply for their own Adsense Publisher ID. Also tell them the consequences of ads being clicked.

1. Dao Hoa profile image61
      Dao Hoaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

But your spouse will have the same IP address because you use the same computer and also the same home address! Will google approve the account then?

1. darkside profile image80
        darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If the IP address, postal address and anything else that is previously connected to the last ID are still used then you are correct, there will be no approval.

10. Dao Hoa profile image61
    Dao Hoaposted 7 years ago

I thought so. Thanks Darkside!

working