jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Would you ever want to hit the "pause" button...for your life?

1. manlypoetryman profile image72
    manlypoetrymanposted 6 years ago

Have you ever been in a time period...or maybe on a vacation...or enjoying a really great day...where you just would 've liked to reach up and hit the "pause button" to your life?

(I can think of several in my case...Especially some summers when I was much younger...big_smile)

Go on ahead...list, reminisce...mention one or two...or take a serious or humorous look at what you would'a "paused" in your life...if you could've ???

2. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

My first thought was of how many hubs I could write while in pause mode! lol
    30 hubs in 30 days? Nah! 30 hubs a day! big_smile all during pause mode plus a nice nap then back to the daily stuff of life.

I have had periods where I wished it could be like that movie ground hog day, just keep repeating over and over. So many summer days, with good friends and money in my pocket and no one to answer to, I could repeat those for a good long time! Nothing like a brilliant sunset on the beach with your good friends, a nice cozy fire to roast marshmallows, yummy nibbles and refreshing drinks. For a while there that was my standard friday afternoon/evening during the summer, that or the free concerts big_smile

3. Laura du Toit profile image92
    Laura du Toitposted 6 years ago

Quiet Sunday afternoons spent with innocent little grandchildren and my wonderful children. Sunday afternoons I spent in the garden with my own mother - too quickly her life on earth was over - wish I could have paused the last few carefree afternoons we had together.

Life moves too fast and the hours in most days are just too short!

manlypoetrymanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh yeah...I'd deff like to hit the "pause button on the weekend...for sure....Laura

And for kristenblog..."And hit the "Pause" button anytime I am hanging out at the beach having a great time...!"

See...these are reasons why we need "pause" buttons...Now where do we get one...seems one comes on everything but our life hmm !

4. 0
    mtsi1098posted 6 years ago

If I had a pause button - I would certainly make use of it...Let me know if the easy button ever comes along smile

manlypoetrymanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would like to have a "Pause" button...installed right to the "Snooze" button on my Alarm Clock...And...we also need a "Do-Over" button as well...for everything. (car wreck = do-over button...late to work...same thing!)

5. Mamelody profile image60
    Mamelodyposted 6 years ago

nah I prefer fast forward.. pause takes too long...

6. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

No pause button for life.

Life is too enjoyable to want it to pause. The power of love and nature is to be experienced and cherished, for the time in which they arrive and disappear.

The pause button, would be useless, even for the most enjoyable times of your life, because then you wouldn't be able to move on to the next moment.

It would be like the episode in Star Trek, the Next Generation, wide-screen movie, with James T. Kirk and the ribbon, which lead to the nexus. Where everything was always happy, it was based on old memories and a place where love was in abundance all the time.

You would be trapping yourself in the past, instead of moving forward. smile

Just a thought. smile

1. 0
      mtsi1098posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I took the original remark to pause time and enjoy life...