jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

So we can place our poetry at hubpages?

1. 0
    JeanMeriamposted 6 years ago

I had poems on several zines that are no longer in existence, which is the way poetry zines go and noticed other people stored their poems on Hubpages, Just want to make sure it’s okay first.

1. 0
      JeanMeriamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I put links to the type of poems I write on my profile. It’s not those poems I want to make hubs of.

2. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can, but just don't have high expectations as to its profitablity.

1. 0
        JeanMeriamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh I know, that’s why I don’t try to do it for a living, and I guess the reason for all the defunct zines. It’s too bad. I love reading poetry, most people don’t.

2. 0
    pinkyleeposted 6 years ago

it is very ok .. i have a few of mine on here and will be posting more that i have written as well as some of my favorites from when i was younger

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Hi Jean, yes, you can post poetry. Add videos and pics to make them *sticky* smile link to your other sites from your profile page and add resources about poetry, for the shy wallflowers smile

4. Sa Toya profile image87
    Sa Toyaposted 6 years ago

Yep as said already...poetry totally welcomed big_smile

1. 0
      china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think there is a special slot in the forums for it  -poetry may be better shared briefly and discussed rather than made into a hub - or revised with criticism/comment from others before making it into a hub.

- You have changed your hairstyle !  looks cool.

5. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

sure you can. if you look in the topics section under Books and Writing, you will find the Poetry category. People do it in different ways, but I like to add more content than just the poetry itself. Maybe some background about the poem, the setting.

If it's too short, it may be flagged, not sure.

6. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I have about a Dozen poems published on Hubs.

However, I'll agree with RebekahELLE, if the poems are too short, then you'll run into flagging for sub-standard content.

I had to place two poems on one Hub, so there was enough content.

Check it out, just as an example:
    <snippy snippy - example unnecessary>