jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Writing about a Review/Endorsement of another blog, is it allowed?

1. markasuncion profile image60
    markasuncionposted 7 years ago

I have written a hub reviewing, endorsing another blog is it a violation of TOS? What does overly promoting another website? Can you please enlighten me about this...How about promoting/reviewing a product? Is it allowed?

1. Faybe Bay profile image85
      Faybe Bayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

there is a forum for refer another hubber's hub, and a forum for review another hubbers hub. it's just not on top page at the moment. Scroll dowm and click next page until you find it. I am looking for it myself as a matter of fact.
      then when you post it moves up to the top page for a fe moments anyway until it gets knocked back down by other forums topics, unlless of course other's jump in.

Overly promoting is when you keep saying it over and over in the blog, and have all the links go there. We are allowed to promote each other though as you will see on the other forum.

Reviews of products are great, but say you are doing a hair gel, you can only say so much, but one hubber did a hub on healthy hair, then was able to write about nutrition, exercise, and hair products from shampoos to brushes to hair dryers, you see?

markasuncionposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So it is allowed to write hubs to review/endorse a blog, another website, a product or a service,a company, a person? It is only flagged overly promoting when you keep mentioning the blog and the there is a link with each mention, is that right?

Yeah, and here's the link to review another hubbers hub.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/35872#post806811

2. harryinc profile image61
      harryincposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I guess its fine till it looks natural and not something written just for promotion.

markasuncionposted 7 years ago in reply to this

When you write something this:

This blog is great because blah blah

It is about blah blah which I find useful

It is the be blog there is that I ever read ...

Does this sounds natural? Or it is purely promotional? I was airing my views and opinion of what I think of the blog. I did not say...everyone should visit this blog because blah blah.

working