jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)

I am new to Hubpages. Can I signup for Adsense?

1. sahana21 profile image61
    sahana21posted 6 years ago

I am an Indian.

I am very new to hubpages.

I neither have a google adsense account nor a website of my own.

I have links to my squidoo lenses in my articles on hubpages.

Can I signup for Adsense program through hub pages?

OR Do I need to wait for 6 months?

Please help me...

1. Haunty profile image85
      Hauntyposted 6 years ago in reply to this
    2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image74
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are an Indian as you mentioned. large numbers of Indians are in the hubpages and you can interact with them. You can search for Indian writers in hubpages in search box.

Thanks,
      Jyoti Kothari

2. Iamsam profile image65
    Iamsamposted 6 years ago

As per the discussions in the forums I learned that you have to wait for 6 months

1. Haunty profile image85
      Hauntyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You know, folks, you can always use my publisher ID.

3. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image74
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 6 years ago

You need not wait for six months. You can do it right now. And do not use publisher ID of another person, all income will to go ro him or her.

Thanks,
    Jyoti Kothari

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Jyoti, what are you basing that advice on?  You joined Adsense long before the recent change in rules, so you can't rely on your own experience.

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image74

I have answered on the basis of my own experience. I do not know about the recent changes. Where is it?

I would like to rectify myself.

Thanks,
        Jyoti Kothari

1. darkside profile image79
          darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In the last half year or so people signing up based in India and China are being rejected and being told to wait 6 months before trying to sign up again.

There are several threads about it. Some have copied and pasted the contents of their Adsense Team response for us to read.

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image74

Are only people from India and China rejected or it is a change of rule in hubpages / adsense?

It's an Adsense thing. Nothing to do with HubPages HQ.

I guess the sheer weight of numbers and high ratio of low quality applications is what caused the policy change.

There have been cases though where applications backed up by high quality lenses have been given approval without the 6 month speed hump.

2. maheshpatwal profile image80
              maheshpatwalposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No Jyoti sir........ its a change from google's end. they made some amendments in the terms of service for indian and chinese aspirants who are applying for adsense account......

6 months wait..........is too long.... it should be changed to 3 months thats what i think.........

2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image74

Hi Marisha,
        I did not find anything against my opinion and experience. Now, please tell me basis of your opinion?

You have not answered my question.
        Thanks,
        Jyoti Kothari

Jyoti, what Marisa is saying is that 2 years it was a lot easier. Now the policy has changed. Your experience is based on being accepted two years ago. It is different now.

4. efeguy profile image60
    efeguyposted 6 years ago

yes u can,right now,don't even wait

5. darkside profile image79
    darksideposted 6 years ago

The Google Adsense Help Forum has plenty of threads discussing policy change.

6. cottontail profile image61
    cottontailposted 6 years ago

I signed up for hubpages a few days ago and waited until I had three hubs published just to be sure since it said you should have content up to better your chances of acceptance. i figured better to be safe than sorry but im realizing the general consensus is just to sign right up!

1. maheshpatwal profile image80
      maheshpatwalposted 6 years ago in reply to this

cotton tail i would suggest you wait until your 10th hub is published then apply for adsense.......... this is what i have read in most of the forums...........

7. skyfire profile image71
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

They changed that policy because lot of invalid clicks, ad-abuse was from Asian countries. This policy covers all Asian countries. So that way 6-month wait is valid reason.

Check sites like shorteasytask.com/mturk.com and you'll see lot of adsense users from india/china are asking for ad-click in return for 10cents or so.

working