jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Ideas for better networking.

1. Internetwriter62 profile image85
    Internetwriter62posted 7 years ago

I posted a question recently, on how to get more followers for my hubs. After all, we all want readers. I was wondering if any of you would like to share, how you get followers. What are some of your networking strategies, not trade secrets, but a few tips here and there would be nice.

1. Hawkesdream profile image78
      Hawkesdreamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If it is followers you want, you need to become part of the whole community and not restrict yourself primarily to the forums.
      By reading and commenting on the works of other hubbers, you will get your presence here noticed. After people see you returning to their new hubs, and meet you on other hubs they will want to know more about you and will seek out your profile and read your hubs.
      Without this level of activity on your part, I am afraid your search for followers will be fruitless.

Internetwriter62posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your advice, I will in the future try to be a more active reader, not just an active writer. Although, it will take me some time, I'm not the fastest reader in the world. I will try to leave more comments in the future.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Internetwriter, readers and followers are two different things.

I have over a thousand followers, but that's a drop in the ocean compared to the number of readers I have every day, who arrive via the search engines. They're my paying audience.

Having followers is good for the ego, because they're supposed to be other Hubbers who admire your writing (although I'm sure a huge chunk of my followers are people who joined in the hope I'd follow them back - which I didn't).  But if you're here to make money by writing, chasing followers is a very non-productive way of using your time.

You're very right. You've got the top score as a hubber, so I know you are doing something or many things right. I would like more readers, thats why I'm striving for followers, that way they know if my hubs come out, it's kind of free publicity.

2. Ohma profile image79
        Ohmaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good advice I do not do the follow me I will follow you thing at all. If you are looking to drive paying traffic to your hubs you need to get some ideas on how to market them, get them ranked fairly high in the search engines etc. I am still learning every day.
        I also participate in the forums and comment on Hubs I like it helps to keep your score up, and that affects nofollow and dofollow tags.

I'm fairly new at this and I am learning to market little by little. This is my first time at forums, I think it's a lot of fun doing forums. I will get involved more often in the future.

2. thisisoli profile image56
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Personally I have noticed two major jumps in followers on Hubpages, the first was when I published a community, non commercial hub a while back, with some helpful advice on it.  The second was when I hit about 80 followers, for some reason it seems to attract more people to follow as well!

Also, forum participation, and helping other smile

Thanks for the tip. Community and public concern it important. I am trying to participate in forums now. Thanks for the advice.

working