jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (19 posts)

My traffic went from 100's a day to none?

1. AllanWrites profile image60
    AllanWritesposted 7 years ago

My traffic has died in the past two days. I don't know why...

I was getting 100 hits a day and now i'm getting pretty much zero.

What the heck happened? haha

2. Ivorwen profile image85
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

Was your traffic organic (from search engines) or referrals (both hubpages and other places you left links)?

Referrals can give you a big boost in traffic, but don't make much $.  Organic traffic is where the earnings are.

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Could be changes being made with G or other search engines too. Am sure it will bounce back big_smile don't fret.

4. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Most likely news effect. Your hubs are not news anymore, and now you have to work to keep them up there smile

1. profile image0
      TattoGuyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Gotta agree with Misha on this one, tis deff the answer to yer problem !

5. AllanWrites profile image60
    AllanWritesposted 7 years ago

All of the mentioned variables have remained the same :?

1. sunforged profile image74
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

news would never remain the same

new content at trusted sites gets a big boost as its treated as "fresh content or "news" " ...that oost goes away and you drop down to your rightful place...but dont worry sometimes you come back

Did you check to see where your ranking, do you use analytics?

6. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

just noticed that your account is 2 weeks old, id bet 80% your traffic was from hubpages or social sources.

Come back in 2 months with this question...no answers have relevance ..well except the news one

keep building fresh content and you will keep enjoying the news boost in 2 months you will have a better understanding of your true traffic patterns...than the fun part begins ;(

1. AllanWrites profile image60
      AllanWritesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

but on a few articles it was google/yahoo traffic

for example one of my articles is #1 yahoo slot

7. marcel285 profile image82
    marcel285posted 7 years ago

My traffic is wild! Constantly up and down, but on average im getting 500-800 hits a week. Which isn't great, but my earnings are slowly but surely happening. I'm up to $7.00. From adsense.

Iv'e had over 50 clicks for amazon adds, but no sales.

8. thisisoli profile image58
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Yahoo is poor traffic, concentrate on Google, It is  early days at the moment, you may fibd traffic fluctuates a lot.

Try submitting some related articles to article directories and linking them to your hub!

9. Susana S profile image90
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

I think you are experiencing the google dance. If you did your keyword research and your articles are well optimized for them and you develop some incoming links, they will more than likely come back up the serps.

I notice that there is generally a lull in traffic about 3 weeks after publication. Then from around 6-8 weeks after pub they take off.

10. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 7 years ago

@Susana i afraid that it is not a google dance in this case. When it comes to google dance you'll see rise in PR and results place. What he's experiencing is about traffic spikes. So misha's explanation holds correctly, this is just another news spike on analytics.

11. Susana S profile image90
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

Maybe we have different views of what the google dance is, lol. I agree with Misha smile What I'm saying is that the initial boost you get as a new page soon wears off. Whether your page then gets back on the serps in a good spot depends on the things I said previously.

12. jenblacksheep profile image84
    jenblacksheepposted 7 years ago

One of my hubs about something that was in the news over Christmas has suddenly been getting almost 100 hits a DAY! I looked on Analytics and have been trying to figure out where all the traffic has come from but I cant seem to find out. I'm not complaining, it's just very strange!

1. skyfire profile image72
      skyfireposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Look at the left sidebar > Referring site, you'll see the traffic source.

13. thisisoli profile image58
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Analytics should be able to show you where your traffic is coming from!

14. jenblacksheep profile image84
    jenblacksheepposted 7 years ago

I know how to find where my traffic is coming from, but when I look at the entrance paths for that particular hub it says 'this page' and there's a blank icon. Today the views have suddenly dropped off, I've only had 7 so far. Very weird.

15. profile image60
    Siew Chengposted 7 years ago

7 views for 31 hubs? That is extremely low.  I think you have to work hard on backlinks. 
    Try to summarize the hub into a 250 words article, and post to Ezinelink, and link back to your hub.

working