jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

View More Hubs By Group?

1. Hope Alexander profile image79
    Hope Alexanderposted 8 years ago

I was just going through some of my hubs and pondering how wildly different some of the groups are, when it occurred to me that the average user who comes to hub pages only really has the option to view more hubs by me, meaning just my most recent, hot, and best hubs , 80% of which probably won't be relevant to any given user.

Seeing as I write on everything from celebrities to say, baking, it doesn't seem very useful to the user to click on the "more Hubs by X" and have a whole bunch of unrelated stuff come up. Maybe if there was an option for the user to chose more hubs in that same group by the same Hubber? Or perhaps if when they clicked for more, they got automatically taken to similar material?

Just a thought... We have the grouping system already, seems like that might be an easy way for users to navigate hubs by as well as being used for sorting purposes by the Hubbers themselves...

2. Inspirepub profile image89
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

They can get that by clicking on a tag in your tag cloud - all your Hubs with that tag, by latest, best, or hot - but it's not necessarily obvious to the visitor they can do that.

You could try explaining that in your profile blurb and see if it helps ...

3. Hope Alexander profile image79
    Hope Alexanderposted 8 years ago

Yeah, I wasn't really thinking of it for people who could be bothered going to find a tag cloud, just the average person who swings by and goes "oh yeah, that was good, I could do with some more information on monkeys", and then they click "more" and then they get a whole list of stuff about crocodiles and the mating rituals of sheep so they just go away again.

It was an idle thought... the related hubs on the sidebar function is quite good if they just want to find related topics. This may not be my greatest suggestion ever.

4. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Sometimes I link to my own related and relevant hubs in a more  reading section at the bottom of the hub - I think that looks quite good - sometimes I even link to other peoples hubs ;-)