jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Affiliate settings box not working?

1. 0
    jooles01posted 8 years ago

Please could you help me.  I'm new to Hubpages and I'm having a problem adding my affiliate settings.

I am already signed up with Amazon and ebay affiliate programs.  I am trying to link my codes to hubpages.

From what I can see I have to go to My Account.  I click Affiliate Settings.  I can then see the Affiliate Settings Box.

There are boxes for Google adsense, Amazon and Ebay affiliate codes.
    I managed to link to adsense - by the side of google I now have 'sign up' - but my code is showing.  Does this mean my code is accepted and linking?

The big problem is when I click 'edit' next to Amazon, nothing happens.  i cannot add my code to the box.  I cant click in the space for the code, no new boxes show.

Can anyone help solve this mystery please.  Have I missed an important step?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
      Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago in reply to this

The "sign up" button next to the Adsense box and the "edit" buttons next to Ebay and Amazon remain there even after your accounts are successfully linked.  Look at the "Status" column to the right of the box where you've inputted your ID.  If it reads "Active," you've successfully linked your account.

When you click "edit," no new boxes appear, two buttons--"Ok" and "Cancel"--simply show up below the existing box, and you are able to click with your cursor in the box and add your ID.  Additional instructions can be found just below all that, or in the FAQ.

2. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 8 years ago

It must be a temporary glitch only. Perhaps it will work if you try after some time. Anyway have a look at the help section to know whether you are doing it right.
    Welcome to HubPages Jooles smile

3. 0
    jooles01posted 8 years ago

Thanks for the help SunSeven and Maddie.  I kept trying then eventually I refreshed the page and it worked.  Must have been a glitch!