jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Are stories/personal essays appropriate to post?

1. 0
    rhartlandsbergposted 6 years ago

I just joined up and as far as I can tell, people don't post any fiction on here. Is that true? The sites a little overwhelming so I might have just missed it. I was interested in posting short stories and personal essays but it seems like the site is more about informing rather than expressing. I'm trying to figure out if this is the right place for me.

1. Life at DrTom's profile image79
      Life at DrTom'sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can post about anything you want.  It is just that most here want traffic to their hubs so they can make some money by selling or by clicks on ads.  Personal stories do not bring as much traffic as offering some flimsy advice on how to get rich quick.  But I, for one, encourage you to write good stories from the heart.

2. Alota profile image59
    Alotaposted 6 years ago

I only joined a couple of hours ago and I am looking around to see what is happening, I have seen some good fiction and some good personal stories....lyrics and Irish are both very good.

3. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

There a several Hubbers who post poetry and fiction.  I have one short story up - it doesn't get huge traffic or make any money, but it has been read