jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Revising and republishing a Hub

1. Glenn S. profile image59
    Glenn S.posted 7 years ago

I have been with Hubpages for about 3 months. My traffic is minimal at best. I read alot of the advise and tips. I modify my hubs to make the suggested reivisions. Although my traffic has not increased. Is it a good idea to update a hub often?

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't know about often.  I do review and adit some of mine just because after re-reading them I think of additions I'd like to make.  Can't hurt if it makes the hub better.

Glenn S.posted 7 years ago in reply to this

That is how I feel about it. I can always find something I want to change on a hub after I posted it. It seems like it's an on going process. My thought is it's better to get it right at some point than to leave it as is. I am the worst editor of my own material lol.
        Nevertheless, I really don't what's best, that's why I ask.
        Thanks for your input.

2. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

I looked a couple of your hubs and they look fine. Maybe you should ad a news or RSS capsule after the comments section. This will make your hubs more dynamic by automatically updating and the search engine spiders will take note.  Do as much social bookmarking as you can, this is time consuming but it should be part of your everyday routine if you want to market your hubs.

If you make it part of your routine when you create the hub it won't be so hard. Ryankett has a good hub on generating traffic:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Increase-Your-T … follow-PR6  If you do a little at a time, the traffic will follow.

I am always learning something new.
      Thank you

2. sunforged profile image73
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/Poinsettia-Probagation-Care

I checked out this hub.

1. Is "proBagation" different than "proPagation" if thats a typo, you should fix it. Titles typos are no good (well,usually)

2. Google likes H2 text keywords..at hubpages that means taking advantage of each capsule header, use 'Poinsettia" and "poinsettia propagation" a couple of times

updating hubs often is better than not updating, but ideally it shouldnt be required

Thank you

and thanks for the error info.

3. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 7 years ago

I find that traffic can take time to grow. I usually get a spike right away from my followers then the traffic slows way down then starts to slowly grow. A few hubs did get good traffic right away from the browsers but that was because I recognized a trend just before it hit and managed to hit it before there was much competition, if you are the only one with info on a trend where else is the traffic going to go? big_smile Of course a trend might not be a trend in a few months time and then no one is looking anymore.

Thank you

4. thisisoli profile image57
      thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Pulling in traffic is a mixture of a lot of things, you might want to experiment with some 'easy keywords' to get your bearings.

Try building a celebrity hub, or even a celebrity blogger blog.

This is not particularly profitable, but you can practice your basic techniques with a fairly easy market.

Thank you

5. lovelypaper profile image69
      lovelypaperposted 7 years ago

Like I mentioned earlier in someone's comment section, I've been here about 5 weeks. My traffic and ratings were ok but as soon as I add my RSS feed to show my other hubs to EVERY hub I have written so far, my traffic is souring literally overnight!

Interesting,
        Thank you.

working