jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Assign hub to more than one group

1. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

I don't know if I am not seeing how to do this or if the feature is currently unavailable.

When I create groups for my hubs, I would like to have the possibility of assigning a hub to more than one group.

1. 0
      TattoGuyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That would be a good idea, I have had a hub being a mixture of tattoos and piercing and had to pick either tattoos or piercings, but I guess they are sub groups of Body Art. Can't see it being possible though !

2. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

The reason I ask, is because I have just published 3 hubs on Welsh mountains. Previously, I published a hub on Welsh love spoons, which I put into my Tradition and Folklore group. However, I would like to have it in a Wales group as well, so I can link it to the Welsh mountain hubs.

3. Mikel G Roberts profile image87
    Mikel G Robertsposted 6 years ago

Me too, I have several that could be in two or more...

I link them at the bottom regardless of what 'group' they are in though...

i.e. science group hub linked to the next hub which is in the religion group.

4. Mieka profile image81
    Miekaposted 6 years ago

I was wondering the same thing a while ago, never figured it out though. Is there anywhere we could request a new feature like that? like an idea or suggestion box or something?

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image87
      Mikel G Robertsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, This forum

1. Mieka profile image81
        Miekaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

big_smile

5. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Interesting idea-- Several of my hubs are humor (or just plain silly)-- but they also often have a subject matter which could be serious. I sometimes wonder if someone who is looking for shopping strategies finds mine that has to do with wearing combat boots, etc.

6. Beth100 profile image83
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

I've often wondered if this could be done. 

It would be a great feature to have!! big_smile

7. darkside profile image79
    darksideposted 6 years ago

All that Grouping a bunch of hubs does is link from one to another near the bottom of the hub. It's pretty much a 'next' button.

Being able to assign a hub to more than one group would be handy (for sorting hubs in your account page) but where the link is at the bottom of the hub it would have to have two links off to the right.

1. Mieka profile image81
      Miekaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, isn't that possible?
      Blogs usually have like a little list of 5 related articles. Can't it be something like that? Then the reader can decide which group he would prefer and click on to that one.

If you want to avoid people putting their hubs is like 10 groups, maybe you could limit it to a maximum of 2 or 3 groups per hub?

I'm not very technical, so maybe these simple suggestions could be a b**** to implement, in that case, never mind my sillyness smile

1. darkside profile image79
        darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Anything is possible. Though maybe a little fiddly to duplicate the hub titles and have them movable in the groups settings page as it is now.

But if a person really, REALLY wants to have a list of Related Articles, they can. Just use the Links Capsule.

8. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I agree with Darkside. I use Link Capsules on a lot of my hubs, so as to draw more traffic to other hubs. Anything related works great. smile

working