jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Referral tracker

1. adrienne2 profile image81
    adrienne2posted 7 years ago

How do I get the referral link to work? Wanted to write a hub on hubpages but can not get the link to work.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

HP is having power outage probs if you noticed the Announcements forum hmm may be due to that and is only temporary. Hope that helps. smile

1. thooghun profile image88
      thooghunposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You need to add an underscore before the referral ID. But I'm guessing you already new that. In case you don't, here's an example:

(omitted the beginning to not create a link) hubpages.com/_urltrackername/whatever

3. retellect profile image81
    retellectposted 7 years ago

Lemme clear that up a little:

say you have a hub and the link is:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-write-online

Create your tracker eg.badwriter

Now place the tracker in the link like this:

http://hubpages.com/_badwriter/hub/How-to-write-online

Got it??

1. adrienne2 profile image81
      adrienne2posted 7 years ago in reply to this

OOOHHH hubpages I love you guys!!! I was doing it wrong, thank you so so much!!

1. nanospeck profile image76
        nanospeckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Trackers give ur 2 hours of pepole who click on your tracker. Making them sign-up is the best way to use trackers,you get their10% revenu for lifetime or sumthin!

1. darkside profile image82
          darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Only partially true.

The first tracker will set a cookie for 30 days.

Any after that (within that 30 days) will give a 2 hour window of opportunity to the new tracker, before reverting to the old cookie.

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image73
            JYOTI KOTHARIposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What if one comes directly from a link with referral tracker? To the best of my knowledge it works for ever.

Thanks,
            Jyoti Kothari

1. darkside profile image82
              darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't understand your question. But I'll throw some answers at what I think you're asking.

* If a person signs up to HubPages via a tracker, then yes, that person is your referral forever.

* If a person doesn't sign up, the cookie only lasts 30 days. Providing the cookies aren't cleared for whatever reason.

* Without a referral tracker a person signing up won't be credited to anyone.

2. retellect profile image81
        retellectposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Glad that cleared things up a bit smile

working