jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

How do you know?

1. profile image0
    sophsposted 7 years ago

How do you know if you love someone? How do you know if it's right? What if you thought you were perfect for eachother and then things are said and done that slightly change your mind, and now you're just left feeling confuuuuuused and not sure what you want, what do you do?

1. waynet profile image50
      waynetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Go on a week long pub crawl and if you still feel the same then it's time to start stamp collecting and be on your own...boo hoo!

1. profile image0
        sophsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hahaha! The pub crawl sounds good!

I once went on a pub crawl that lasted nearly 4 days, started off in Hull and ended up...somehow in Liverpool...good old days!

1. profile image0

Oohhhhhhh I would be soooo ill lol, I couldn't even do two days ha!

I couldn't do that now, cos it must have cost over 300 quid and as we often say we'll never ever drink again and then a year later I went to see Korn live and ended up having too much to drink and falling asleep on the train wearing a dreadlock wig and I ended up somewhere in York...

2. TheGlassSpider profile image79
      TheGlassSpiderposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The idea of "perfect for each other" is a fallacy. No one is perfect, therefore no one can be "perfect for one another." We fall "in love"--a sort of intense whirlwind of emotions...Once that phase passes, we CHOOSE to tend to our love, we learn more and more about how to BE with each other, and instead of "being perfect" we become better for each other...at least hopefully.

The long and the short of it is this: you DON'T know...you either choose or not (every day!), and the other person does the same. That's the reason love can be so scary--it forces us to deal with this very ambiguity.

Once we get beyond the infatuation stage (which it sounds like you have), we start to see the things that make our partner human. Can you live with those things without trying to change who he is? Can you talk with him about the things you are seeing now that might be upsetting? Can you love him despite his imperfection? Can he do these things for you? You don't have to answer here...just make sure to answer these things for yourself. Good luck!

1. profile image0

Thanks GlassSpider, very wise words smile

1. TheGlassSpider profile image79
          TheGlassSpiderposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Awww, thank you! And you're welcome. I hope they are of some help to you. smile

2. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 7 years ago

You know when you want to hold them in your arms and kiss them tenderly.

3. Mamelody profile image60
    Mamelodyposted 7 years ago

drink two pints of lager and a packet of crisps and it all becomes crystal clear tongue

1. profile image0

Lol! smile

working