jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

Really low Pay Per Click

1. easyspeak profile image79
    easyspeakposted 6 years ago

Sometimes I get really low pay per click, like 4 cents, on hubs where I should be getting at least $1-2.  Is that because they are clicks from other countries other than US, UK, Australia and Canada?

1. Hub Llama profile image81
      Hub Llamaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

On your own websites, you can kind of watch and see who's ads are showing up on the bottom (the lowest paying spot) and block them on AdSense.

On HubPages it's a little tougher because it is hard to get the same ads to appear when you look. If you do find some that show up again and again and they seem to be paying low CPC, then add them to your competitive ad filter.

I actually wrote a hub along these lines that goes into a little more detail:
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Higher-AdSense- … thless-Ads

1. Misha profile image75
        Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I actually tried once, and even bought a soft for that. At the end the result was worse than before, so I stopped tampering with it for good. smile

2. Daddy Paul profile image65
      Daddy Paulposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It depends on where the click came from. It also depends on the hub and it's keywords. I know when I get a two cent click it is from a recipe be it hub pages blog or info barrel.

2. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

I can't say that for sure in case of adsense. But many other ad-networks are going that way e.g. Yahoo, Chitika, Project wonderful etc etc. For me, clicks from Europe paying more than US. Maybe it's about targeted keyword campaigns from advertisers.

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Also, don't forget, you get 60% of earnings, least I think that's how it works. tongue not a expert here, k. lol

1. skyfire profile image72
      skyfireposted 6 years ago in reply to this

60% impression,not earning.

4. thisisoli profile image62
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

How do you figure out that tou should be getting a certain amount?

Its hard to tell if the adverts being displayed on your Hub are for the Keywords you think they should be.

You may be attracting lower value adverts related to lower value keywords that are on your website, rather than the high value keywords you intended!

5. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 6 years ago

thisisoli: "How do you figure out that tou should be getting a certain amount?"

That's a good question.

1. Hub Llama profile image81
      Hub Llamaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you have other sites, hubs, or pages with the same keywords that attract the same kind of ads, you can get an idea of what is "normal". There is no real way to nitpick between something like 80 cents and 74 cents, but if you start seeing $0.04 when you normally clear $0.50 and more, then you are probably getting arbitraged.

You can try and shake up the keywords, but these guys know what they are doing. The best thing is to block them if possible.

6. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

You must know how Adwords work. If your hub is about printers and someone bids for inexpensive keywords for instance: 'cheap printing paper', then you won't get much from that click.

Also search Google for being smart priced. Your Adsense account could've been smart priced.

And yes, Geo locations does affect the price of certain keywords.

Finally, I would recommend(like many others do) concentrating on writing hubs and blogs instead of worrying about CPCs, they fall and rise.

7. wrenfrost56 profile image83
    wrenfrost56posted 6 years ago

Smart priced? Why, how, what is all that about? I've clearly got so much more to learn.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
      Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In short, low conversion rates is the major cause of this.
      When a large number of people clicking your ads do not buy the product being sold on the landing page, then you get smart priced.

1. wrenfrost56 profile image83
        wrenfrost56posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the quick reply, just done a bit of reading on it. Learn something new everyday. smile

8. thisisoli profile image62
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I used to run a website that sld produccts via a Google adwords campaign, it was moderately successful but as far as I am aware Google has no ability to tell if traffic it has directed to a wbsite converts.

However, this was some time ago so if you could give me some Google proof on smart pricing I would appreciate it, since I like to keep on top of these things!

9. lindagoffigan profile image60
    lindagoffiganposted 6 years ago

This is the second post of these eCPM and earnings so that an explanation can be given about the disparity.  Information is from Channel information under affiliate setting.

eCPM           Earnings
    $139.40           .28
    109.16           .22
      40.80           .08
      92.48           .46
    952.00          1.90
    187.00           .37
    115.60           .12
    659.60          1.32
    394.40           .39
    1,829.20         1.83
    ($1,829 eCPM is
    not a total of the eCPM
    but a separate entry and
    netted earnings of $1.83)

1. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You have been given explanation on another thread.

10. bgpappa profile image85
    bgpappaposted 6 years ago

In the end, don't worry about it.  Concentrate on writing hubs that draw traffic and receive clicks.  The money will follow.

working