jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Ho do you change the staring layout?

1. profile image60
    Radeonposted 7 years ago

I have hubs already created and published but after viewing realized that a different layout would have been better. Is there a way to change this?

2. myownworld profile image80
    myownworldposted 7 years ago

Welcome here smile yes you can (I've done it many times). It's immaterial what the initial lay out was; you can completely change it by adding capsules (text/pics) wherever you like.

Read this...and follow the editing instructions...

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubtool

1. profile image60
      Radeonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the input but what I am looking for is to have text and then a picture posted on the side of the text in one capsule. Not separate capsules. I only see this option when a hub is started. Maybe I am just not seeing it. Any advice for this?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
        Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You cannot have text and a picture in one capsule, but you can float a photo capsule to the right of a text capsule, which I think is what you're trying to do.  Just hit the right-arrow on the photo capsule and then use the up-and-down arrows to align it with the text capsule.

3. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Beat me to it Maddie. smile big_smile

I did post a reply, then noticed you got in before me. So, I deleted my post. smile

How are you doing today Maddie? smile

1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
      Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm all right.  Long day in the office, but going to a dance show a few blocks away at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts tonight, so I'm hanging in there for another hour or so...

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

cool

4. thisisoli profile image55
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

I think that just about covers it big_smile

To float left by the way means you put a picture capsule above the block of text you want teh picture in and then you press the 'right arrow' on the picture module.  This will then place your picture to the right of your text, and allow the text to flow in underneath your picture.

5. profile image60
    Radeonposted 7 years ago

Thank you all so much. That is exactly what I was talking about.

working