jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

1. Jule Romans profile image88
    Jule Romansposted 6 years ago

This is my first real hub.I am kind of stuck between orgainizing my hub to make money, or organizing it to share my enthusiasm.

I would appreciate any suggestions or thoughts. Thanks.

1. Jule Romans profile image88
      Jule Romansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I forgot to say: I am confused as to whether the hubscore is a good indication of the quality of my hub.  Can I assume that if my score is going up (even if traffic may be falling) that my hub is improving?

2. Ohma profile image82
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

looks good to me I am not really much of a gardener but My grandmother was. I remember gelping her do this very same thing.
    Welcome to Hubpages!
    Hub scores are strange things
    I hope one of the more experianced hubbers will come along to help with that question soon.

3. ddsurfsca profile image76
    ddsurfscaposted 6 years ago

My advice is that you concentrate on writing hubs, and every day figure out something else towards incrementing the advertising and money making because you are not going to make money until you have many hubs with many advertisments.  I have 50 hubs, and I try and keep my advertising fresh, but still am not making a paycheck, it takes a lot of time and patience.

4. Faybe Bay profile image83
    Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago

Yes your hubscore can go up even though traffic is falling. I am new and no critic, so do not be afraid. I loved both of your hubs. Here is what I learned in forums. Longer is better, (Do not take these hubs down but for later efforts.) I was told 500 to 800 word is good. But I saw a post that 1500 words is really high rank. Traffic is necessary to but improves over time and with topics. Say you see a news post that some fruit or vegetable got frozen out by late frost which will mean higher prices at the market. You write a hub about that, and how to grow your own, and how to find the best prices (Like a search engine for you-pick farms where you can cross reference zip code)
    Now you have a comprehensive hub that covers news and growing and savings. You are brilliant and have a great start, these are just ideas to help you expand.

5. NoRR4Me profile image83
    NoRR4Meposted 6 years ago

Your first two Hubs are nice. I love flowers. I knew of starting seeds inside under heat lamps during the winter, but I've never heard of this system. I like it. I might try it. I usually plant pansies in the fall. They love the winter weather and last through spring. Other than those, I wait for my daffodils and grape hyacinths to come up in late winter/early spring.

Best wishes. You're starting out great on Hub Pages!

6. Jule Romans profile image88
    Jule Romansposted 6 years ago

Thank you so much for the advice and encouragement. :-)

1. figment profile image73
      figmentposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Looks great!

7. Urbane Chaos profile image91
    Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago

The hub looks great - and has a lot of excellent information!  Great job on this..

As far as your hubscore, I wouldn't worry about it at all.  I have hubs that get a ton of traffic from Google but have a low hubscore, and then I have pages with high scores with minimal outside traffic.  I don't know how the hell it works, but since it really doesn't have an impact on things, I just don't worry about it.

The hub in itself is great, however, I don't know how much outside traffic you'll get from it right away.  My suggestion is this: Do some research on SEO, mainly keywords and backlinks.  After your hub is published, go back and change it a little bit so that it'll rank high in the search engines, and then work on getting a few backlinks.

Overall, you're off to a great start!  And yes, I'm going to have to try your winter gardening method.. big_smile

Welcome to HubPages!