jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How to add a Table Of Contents to your hubs

1. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 8 years ago

In the spirit of community sharing and caring I give to you a step by step tutorial on how to make a Table Of Contents for your hubs.

If you're familiar with HTML it's easy enough. Just a bit fiddly. The only way to make it easier is if HubPages HQ make a capsule to do it automagically.

2. 61
    aurelalexaposted 8 years ago

3. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

I second the suggestion that there is a TOC capsule - espeically for flagship hubs which are 1500 words long - I might need to retrofit some TOC's!

4. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 8 years ago

Excellent. Thanks

5. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 8 years ago

I'm delighted to see even brand new hubbers implementing my hub hack!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Dancing-With-Sa … alsa-Stars

6. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

Great info, thanks for sharing.

7. Jman94 profile image60
    Jman94posted 8 years ago

I second the idea! =] Nice Job by the way! XD

8. lewgard profile image59
    lewgardposted 8 years ago

Darkside, great explanation, thanks!

I have one little question:  How did you get the phrase Table of Contents so close to your content links?  Did you use a text capsule for that and then a link capsule for the actual links?  Or is there a way to "write" Table of Contents" within a link capsule?

9. lewgard profile image59
    lewgardposted 8 years ago

Ahhh...Haaa...I figured it out, at least for my purpose.  I am making a table of contents, however, not linking the contents to areas within the hub - but to other hubs.  I opened a new text capsule, typed in the words Table of Contents, <line space>, typed in the hub title, made the hub title a clickable link.  This solved my space issues I experienced trying to have the phrase "Table of Contents" in a text capsule and the hub links in a link capsule.  Sorry...this was slightly off topic.