jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Article directories and Social bookmarking sites

1. Anolinde profile image88
    Anolindeposted 6 years ago

Okay .. so I've been trying to learn and to make sense of all these techniques in generating traffic.  I'm still a little bit unclear about some things (well, many things, but just gonna ask about a few things here for now).  Hope someone will be able to clarify it for me! smile

1)  Article directories are sites like ezinearticles whereas social bookmarking sites are those like Digg and Stumble Upon, correct?

2)  Both article directories AND social bookmarking sites can help generate traffic to your hubpages, correct?

3)  For social bookmarking sites, all you have to do is click on the "share" button at the end of your hub whereas to submit an article on an article directory, you will have to rewrite an article similar enough (but NOT the same as hubpage article) to your hub topic so that you can include a link to your hubpage, right?

4) The above techniques are what make "backlinks", right?

Thanks in advance!

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Hi girl, it's been a while since you posted last time, glad to see you again. smile

1. Yes, also delicious and such.
    2. Yes, but you are rather looking for backlinks than direct traffic from them, especially if you are talking social bookmarking sites.
    3. Yes, and once you re-wrote it you can submit it to hundreds of directories, most of them don't care about duplicate content.
    4. Yes, and there are many more techniques, too. For example the one I outlined in my latest hub. smile

1. Anolinde profile image88
      Anolindeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Misha!  Glad you still rmember me tongue  I think I'm going to be working more on hubpages after my daughter goes to preschool in April (finally!) since I'll have more time.

And thanks for your response, Misha.  I'll go check out your hub! smile

3. Mieka profile image79
    Miekaposted 6 years ago

Hey Misha!
    I clicked on your profile to read your latest hub, only to find out I already read it, and fanned you a couple of days ago smile Good stuff!