jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (22 posts)

HubPages Medals

1. RKHenry profile image80
    RKHenryposted 6 years ago

I would like to suggest that when a hubber is awarded a medal from hubpages, that that medal, can somehow stay attached to our profile site.  That way it is forever visible, for the rest of the world to view our HubPages accomplishments.

1. Sab Oh profile image59
      Sab Ohposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2. 0
      Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

im think it is there, in hubtivity...you just got to ..push back or something

2. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

Sounds good to me.

3. RKHenry profile image80

Yeah me too man.  Hopefully others like it as well.

4. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

I'm sure a block could be placed right under the hubtivity block on the profile page.  There's nothing but white space there now.

5. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image82
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 6 years ago

I like the idea, but I doubt they'll go for it claiming more clutter. It would give the hubbers something to look forward to.

6. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

It would be more clutter to add those to the profiles.  And since the milestones are incidental, and not the point, I don't think they need to be highlighted to the world.

1. 0
      TattoGuyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you Relache, tis a stupid idea !

7. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

LOL I am having enough trouble already with idiots getting all worked up over my number of fans. If they see my medals, too - I am dead lol

8. myownworld profile image79
    myownworldposted 6 years ago

oh no medals on display for me please! I'd hate that. Of course, if someone wants to, they should have the choice, but it should be 'optional' to display them! sorry, I don't mean too criticize the suggestion, but that's just my take on it. smile

9. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

kina reminds me of the boyscouts, besides as long as we are aware ourselves of our milestones, that should be enough.  Just my opinion.

10. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

medals are for competition, aren't they?  Are we in competition?  Nobody told me that...I thought we were here cuz we wanted to write...
    I wouldn't want a medal on my pages - even Olympic Medalists don't wear their medals all the time, they put them away eventually  smile

11. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

It's not necesary at all. We get medals for the number of hubs we write and the number of hubs is displayed prominently.

I really don't think it's anyone's business but mine how many times my hubs have been viewed. So I'm more than happy when medals come and go quickly.

I'm so tired of people commenting on "How much I work" or
    "How Many Fans that I Have", that I've created numerous identities so they won't stand out anymore.

Way too many busybodies around.

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol lol lol lol

12. TheGlassSpider profile image80
    TheGlassSpiderposted 6 years ago

I know...I just can't stand it when someone congratulates me on all my hard work. How nosy of people. Jeez.

13. liswilliams profile image60
    liswilliamsposted 6 years ago

are medals up? cause I just noted one for 50 hubs I did, wow, it's a nice touch, thanks Hubpages

14. IntimatEvolution profile image81
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

I think it is a good idea.  I don't think it is about competition, rather than accomplishments.  I like the idea RK.

15. RKHenry profile image80

Wow James A Watkins achieved the goal of reaching 100,000 views.  To bad we will never get to see his medal again.  Too bad.  You all do realize that hubpages has an award system?  I was just suggesting that it not be such a fleeting moment.

1. 0
      TattoGuyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Woooooooooooo hooooooooo I hope you get yer medal of honor on show forever RK, wowww wat a rush !

16. TnFlash profile image79
    TnFlashposted 6 years ago

I like the idea of the milestone medals being displayed on your profile. I feel that I earned them and I'm proud of them.

17. Flightkeeper profile image78
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

These are virtual medals, they don't mean a thing.  It's too silly to even have them, they're just markers.