jump to last post 1-20 of 20 discussions (22 posts)

Just published a Hub with a starting score of 80!

1. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I am pretty excited to be able to start out with this score big_smile
    I know score is not really all that big a deal but I can't help but wonder if this one might hit 100?
    I would love a hub to reach a score of 100 even if its just for a day, would be a real feather in my cap from the point of view of my writing ability. big_smile

2. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

3. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I am pretty surprised to be able to reach that score while it was unpublished!
    I am going to have a nice bath now for a reward lol big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image82
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That would be worth watching. (the bath that is) smile tongue

But, I'm happy for you. I hope you can get your hub to 100. I've only gotten my hubs as high as 94, even starting out in the mid 70's.

Both my Valentine's Day Hubs were 78 and 75 respectively, when published. smile

4. EFPotter profile image61
    EFPotterposted 6 years ago

Wow. That is kind of impressive. Good luck getting to 100!

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I've had Hubs debut in the low 80s, but I don't think you can get it to go much higher than that as unpublished Hubs don't draw traffic or backlinks the same as a published one.  And both of those factors really do contribute a HubScore of 100.

6. Laura du Toit profile image92
    Laura du Toitposted 6 years ago

Let's hold thumbs that your hub reaches 100! I have had two hubs that reached 100 and neither of them started out with a high score. You have a distinct advantage starting out so high I would think smile

7. Mama Sez profile image85
    Mama Sezposted 6 years ago

Wow, that's impressive!  I can imagine your excitement...happy for you smile

8. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 6 years ago

How long ago did you claim the URL?

9. Lynda Gary profile image60
    Lynda Garyposted 6 years ago

How does the scoring work? (Is there a place somewhere that already answers this question?)  I'm a total newbie and just trying to get it all figured out. I know that my first hub started out with a score of 70, but I don't remember the starting score of any of the other's.  Yeah -- whether it "matters" or not, the fact that it IS scored challenges a person to get as high a score a possible, doesn't it?  (At least those of us who have a competitive nature, I guess.)

1. myownworld profile image79
      myownworldposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yes Lynda... here: http://hubpages.com/faq/

And great going Kristen! I had the same with one of my hubs...it got to 78 just lying there for a week (probably because I got the url early) but it never made higher than 92! I'm sure you'll make it to 100 though!  Best of luck! smile

10. Mieka profile image79
    Miekaposted 6 years ago

Wow, nice!
    The highest I ever reached was 84, but that was after a while, not within a week of publishing. Also, I think it went down now...

Lynda, I read some great hubs on hubscore. I think darkside did one, can't find it right now. But just type hubscore in the little searchbox and make sure it  is set to searching in hubs. You will find some good explanations there.

11. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

Bravo Kristen bravo!

12. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 6 years ago

Nice job ! Mine started with a 15 ! smile

13. Faybe Bay profile image85
    Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago

Bravo kirstenblog! I have been and read, but going to read it again. I totally messed up the amazon affilliate thing, I want to do it right next time, so I am reading your latest hub to educate myself before I try again. 

Thank You!

14. marcel285 profile image82
    marcel285posted 6 years ago

Good stuff Kirsten!

15. Isabelle22 profile image60
    Isabelle22posted 6 years ago

Wow that is awesome.

16. Lady_E profile image83
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago

Well done, Kirsten. smile

17. Tenerife Islander profile image91
    Tenerife Islanderposted 6 years ago

That's amazing - congrats! smile

18. 0
    barryliamposted 6 years ago

Wow thats impressive, well done! smile

19. Cly Walsh profile image60
    Cly Walshposted 6 years ago

Don't forget how fortunate you are the Rigelian language is identical to English smile

20. cashmere profile image84
    cashmereposted 6 years ago

All the best for the hundred!