jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

can't find my hubs in a search

1. Browland profile image91
    Browlandposted 6 years ago

Hi, I'm a newbie, just joined last night, and today I wrote 3 hubs. I've tried looking up my hubs by entering the key words in the search bar to see whether they'll show up, but I don't see them. Am I missing something? I'm worried that no one will see my hubs because they don't show up in a search.

2. yoshi97 profile image88
    yoshi97posted 6 years ago

Well, if you wrote them round the keyword phrase 'fly fishing' you would enter this in your Google search

site: hubpages.com fly fishing

Or if your keyword phrase was 'google monster' and you wanted to do an exact search you would enter this in your Google search:

site:hubpages.com "google monster"

Please not, I placed the search item in quotes to search exactly for my keyphrase

If any of the hits are yours then you're indexed! Please note: It could take up to a week sometimes to get a site indexed by Google, so don't disparage over it - write more hubs! smile

I hope this helps. smile

1. Browland profile image91
      Browlandposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, I see what you mean. What I was trying to do was use the search bar on hubpages, not google. Like, I wrote a hub about books similar to Harry Potter, and I typed "Harry Potter" into the search bar on this site, and I didn't see it. Does it take time to show up, or does it not show because I wrote it?

1. yoshi97 profile image88
        yoshi97posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It shown up on the site instantly when you publish it. As for searching for it on Hubpages, you need to click the down arrow beside forums and then click on -more-. From there you chose -hubs- on the next page and type in the title you are looking for.

The tags you enter in your hub determine what people can search for on hubpages to find your hub, but they have no meaning outside of hubpages.

With Google, you need to hope for a bit of luck or you need to read the many SEO articles on this site. smile

2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image75
        JYOTI KOTHARIposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hubpages search shows it instantly. However, there may be old and established Hubs with the same keywords. Those will generally be shown in top listing and new Hub may be in the second or third page and so on.

Your hub will gradually come up in the list with time and page views.
        So, do not worry.
        Jyoti Kothari

3. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't worry too much about Hubpages search, since hubpages users rarely click adverts!

It takes time for sites to get up in Google though!

4. Mutiny92 profile image87
    Mutiny92posted 6 years ago

What about the time it takes to get listed on other search engines like bing or yahoo?