jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Your Life Ups and Downs

1. defenestratethis profile image62
    defenestratethisposted 6 years ago

What was one of the lowest points in your life, and what was one of the finest?

2. cashmere profile image83
    cashmereposted 6 years ago

I was on a major high after I gave birth to my baby and one of the most recent lows for me was when I lost my granna.

defenestratethisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Awww I know the feeling cashmere, there IS no high that compares with the birth of a new baby, and when my elderly mother finally passed two years ago after a lengthy illness...it nearly tore me apart.   Thanks for answering.

3. myownworld profile image79
    myownworldposted 6 years ago

I'd rather not remember the lows....but only milestones...! One of the most special moments of my life was when after working for a schizophrenic patient of mine for a year...(it was a very very difficult case)...I finally saw her condition improve dramatically! I still break down thinking of that first time she smiled in years....! smile

That kind of thing makes it all worthwhile, doesnt it?

1. myownworld profile image79
        myownworldposted 6 years ago in reply to this

smile yes....as I once read, ."...from out of pain, beauty!"

4. skyfire profile image70
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

I live for a day. Success sometimes gets into head and failure takes us down. Confucius said, live life like you're going to die tomorrow. Hey that's not from Confucius, I don't know who said that.

1. myownworld profile image79
      myownworldposted 6 years ago in reply to this

well, he's dead (RIP!) ..so you can misquote anything, no matter! big_smile

(p.s. that's a great way to live....!)

2. defenestratethis profile image62

I like that.

working