Need Help Please!

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)
  1. fireatwill41 profile image61
    fireatwill41posted 14 years ago

Hi everyone. I am back to hubpages after being absent for a while, primarily because of schoolwork. I wrote up two new hubs, digital pen tablets, and free drawing a painting software, both meant to be rich in the necessary keywords to rank high in google for those long tail keywords. Problem is, they aren't showing up in the top 100 pages in google at all! I am doing all the steps I think are necessary to have pages rank high in google; submitting to URL directories, altering the hubs to correct mistakes and to enhance it, linking to the hubs on my other hubs, etc. but see no results. How long does it usually take for google to recognize and rank a page? A week? A month?

Also, I want to have a lot of hubs, more than the four I have now. But with all the SEO I have to do on each new hub I create, I find myself having to focus on the SEO and then baby those hubs until I can see results from the search engines, primarily google. So, should I just go ahead and start researching more keywords and writing more hubs on those keywords or still focus on a few hubs at a time, making sure that they can rank high in google? What do you guys do?

Thanks to everyone who responds smile

1. afunguy24 profile image41
      afunguy24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Build backlinks: Check out the list of dofollow blogs and post comments there, also keywords should be in the url title and at the beginning of the hubpage.

dofollowblogs.com

I disagree with frogdropping Keyword Density 4-5%. I think 10 to 12% is good In my opinion.

2. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I think yours is the best way.  If you keep doing it that way, you've established a good habit. 

I basically write what I want to write about and then fill in the SEO stuff.  It's not the most profitable way but that's how I like doing it.  So far I'm on track to get that first $100 payout in about less than a year, which seems to be the norm.  If you are concentrating on making money, then you do have to pay attention to writing for things that people are looking for like, how-to's, reviews, and other information-related stuff.

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I use the above method and it makes for much more pleasurable Hub writing on my part.  And I do have a couple of Hubs which come out at #1 on Google for very simple and common search terms.  However they didn't do that right away, only after they matured for a bit.

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
        Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's a comfort to know relache.  At the beginning I tried to write with SEO words in mind and I would come up blank, and if I did write, it seemed forced.  My creative flow seems better when I write spontaneously.  And I can always slip in SEO as appropriate afterwards.

Thanks!

3. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

The SEO side of writing your hubs doesn't have to be difficult.

Re your hub on digital pens. So far as I can tell, it's not indexed. It looks to be keyword stuffed. Whether that's accidental or intentional, I don't know. But you'd be better reducing the keywords down to a level of 4 or 5%.

It has no do-follow incoming links - build some.

If you need guidance, check out the likes of relache, Darkside, Mark Knowles, Lissie - in order to gen up a little more on how to write your hubs. Use the search box smile

For direct SEO advice - Sunforged. And for backlinking - ryankett.

And don't panic - four hubs down, you're learning as you go. It does get easier, once you identify a way to write that suits both your own style and what the search engines look for. Good luck smile

4. fireatwill41 profile image61
    fireatwill41posted 14 years ago

Thanks for everyone who helped. I just spend a few hours and submitted by hubs to redgage, xommba, and shetoldme and I am hoping that will help with getting my hubs indexed and high on google search results smile. I'll make it part of my hub-creation routine to submit to dofollow sites from now on. Thanks again!

5. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

*nods head* that is a very good idea FAW41 - something many of us wish we'd started doing when we'd only got a handful of hubs *noda again* smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)