jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

1. 60
    calfrankyposted 6 years ago

Hi, I'm new to blogging, this is my first ever blog.

Does anybody have any advice on how I am able to improve?

Cal Franky Francis.

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

For a first hub sounds like you're on the right track.  I'd say just keep plowing forward.  You can get some great ideas from other hubs as well.  Hubbers love to share the wealth.

1. frogdropping profile image83
        frogdroppingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol no we don't - we love to share the info on how to gain your own wink

And welcome to Hubpages calfranky smile

First - add more text. Short hubs don't usually get a look in with google et al. Add a picture or two - to break up the text. And I'd place the links in a links capsule, were it my hub, unless you're insertin an anchor link to something of yours.

And you could tighten the flow up a little. E.g.: I was looking for discounts on a new computer and I have always used Dell, as I find them to be the most reliable manufacturer, and I have never experienced any problems with any previous purchase from them to:

I was looking for discounts for a new computer, specifically Dell. I've always bought from them as I've found them to be a reliable manufacturer, customer focused and a company that produces top quality computer equipment.

Or something like that smile

1. tobey100 profile image60
          tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Look Frog, you know what I meant smile
          We'll share the knowledge, just not the ideas!

2. NoRR4Me profile image83
    NoRR4Meposted 6 years ago

I agree with frogdropping, that your Hub is too short. You want the search engines to have enough data to figure out what your Hub is all about so they can send you traffic.

Think about moving the product icons down because Google ads normally go on the top right. They say you get more clicks if the ads are there. Also, I would perhaps add a picture of a computer or some other product that site has coupons for.

I hope this help. Welcome to HubPages.