jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Creative Commons License ??

1. Leighandrew profile image60
    Leighandrewposted 6 years ago

I'm using the link from Hubpages to Creative Commons in an effort to "copyright" my Hubs, My questions is; At what location within my hub do I cut and paste the programing code that Creative Commons provides me with ? & Thanks !!

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

With creative commons, you will preserve your copyright but in effect grant anybody a right to freely copy and distribute it provided they give you credit (attribution). Having looked at your hubs, I am wondering whether that is truly what you would want to do.

I am not aware that you can post code into your hubs or profile page, but you can insert images and links.

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image79
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What is creative commons and how does it work?

Jyoti Kothari

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Creative Commons is a special license that is often used for software, but can also be used for things like articles or images.

It is administered by a foundation. If you go to their website, you can enter certain information about the material you want to license. Then you will pick what type of license terms you want to give to your readers and others. Some allow you to preserve more rights than others. Some will enable you to transfer your work into the public domain.

Once you have entered this information, you press a button and they will generate some code for you. When inserted into your blog etc., this will create a symbol and information to show your readers exactly what the terms of your license are.

This type of license is only recommended if you truly want to share your work with others, as opposed to the normal restrictive copyright. It is "some rights reserved," as opposed to normal copyright, which is "all rights reserved."