jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

How close can Hub Titles be? is there any rules on this?

1. Highvoltagewriter profile image85
    Highvoltagewriterposted 7 years ago

I have written three parts to a Hub named The Howling Heart and another writer has just recently wrote a Hub called "Howling Heart." The subjects or not the same, however I was wondering if there is any rules on this.

1. Ivorwen profile image83
      Ivorwenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you enter a title that is already on HP, when setting up the hub, it will tell you, but it does not say that it has to be changed.  The URLs are the only thing I have run into that have to be different.

2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image75
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can write any number of hubs with same title. There is no restrictions. However, most of the people write these as part 1, part 2 and so on.

There is no copyright on the titles of articles in Hubpages.

Hence, any one can write with same title as you. Some times people do it unknowingly because the tag line is so popular. Some times people imitate others to get benefit of popularity.

Titles may be the same but URLs are different. each and every hub is defined with an unique URL.
      Thanks,
      Jyoti Kothari

2. Highvoltagewriter profile image85

Thanks for the imput..so if I do a hub first then people can write ones almost like it with no problem? That bothers me a little beacuse I strive for Unique and when some one else who has read the hub I wrote come up with almost the indicial title it kind of bothers me..

1. profile image0
      poetlorraineposted 7 years ago in reply to this

is the hub similar or just the title?

3. Highvoltagewriter profile image85

Thanks for the imput, on my hubs I did do a part one part two and so on. I just wanted to make sure. I am sure the subject matter is not similer. It still bothers me though..smile

4. Arthur Fontes profile image90
    Arthur Fontesposted 7 years ago

I posted a hub and only after trying to find it on Google did I notice a hub that had a very similiar title which was posted two years ago.

Same subject but totally different information.

5. thisisoli profile image63
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

There are no rules on similar hub titles.

1. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ditto smile

working