jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

As A Marketer Your Past Will Haunt You

1. Dale Mazurek profile image58
    Dale Mazurekposted 6 years ago

Years ago I started in affiliate marketing and claimed to be a professional at almost everything.

Well, all in honesty I was an expert at nothing.  All I did was try and market every single piece of junk out there.

However now when I look back I was terrible.  If I can see all my outrageous claims then of course so can others.

Of course I have since learned and I really work hard to play the honesty game and only promote programs and products I believe in.

If you are a new marketer take the time to learn and for heavens sake dont claim to be an expert at anything if you are not.

I am actually embarresed at some of the things I claimed and such.

Things are different now but as a new marketer you can learn from my mistakes.  Honesty will get you a lot further.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I'll agree. I have a past as an affiliate marketer and I did the same thing you did. I also learned the hard way too. smile

Great advice. smile

1. 61
      pingueculaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds good, I try to take one step at a time.  But sometimes you realize you have to go all out. I learned -  don't BS, don't lie and you will probably be ok.

I work as an affiliate marketer now and we sell flowers online, we have a good product but it's slow going.  Hopefully our hard work will start to pay off soon, I see everyone is out to make a buck!

3. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Did you spend a lot of time saying how brilliant certain SEO products are? I see a lot of click bank affiliates out there who claim to be experts, and then misuse acronyms, say things that are just wrong in their marketing speel, etc.

You can't blame anyone for trying to make money though!

1. Dale Mazurek profile image58
      Dale Mazurekposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your right, you cant blame anyone for wanting to make money but I just find it more rewarding now that I promote products that I truly believe in.