jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Working on the hub thing

1. EFPotter profile image60
    EFPotterposted 6 years ago

Alright. I've been here at HubPages for a month, I've published a few hubs, worked around the answers and forums, and am generally enjoying myself greatly. I get a fair number of fans and comments, and was even nominated as a HubNugget. I'm honored, and feel I'm really starting out right.

I would appreciate it if someone now looked over my hubs for what they lack. Specific examples of how I could make a hub more informative, or a better money maker, would be of a lot of use to me with this Health contest upcoming. I expect to publish many hubs for it, and to do get them attention, I'll need to make my hubs as attractive, well-formatted, and content-quality-filled as I can.

Thank you, whoever chooses to help and give things a look.

1. The Donkey profile image60
      The Donkeyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I will follow you and read your hubs. You should follow me and read mine too.

2. Ohma profile image81
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

EF first of all let me say that I have really enjoyed several of your forum posts. I have also read a few of your Hubs. The only thing that I might suggest is that you could ad a few pics or vids to enhabce them. it will also help break up the text an make them easier to read.

EFPotterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, I always appreciate when people mention my forum posts as well as my hubs--the forums are an important part of the site to me, along with answers. I've seen you around the forums and answers too, and you always seem to have things right. smile

I'd like to break up hubs with pictures and videos, but I'm at a loss for how to do it the way I want to. The only way I seem to be able to format pictures is right in between texts, not on the side or something like that. For example, I would have loved to riddle my hub on clouds with cloud pictures, but can't figure out how to format pictures in closer to the text. If I could get help on how to do that, I would, and I feel it would help my hub quality a lot.

3. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago

Experiment with floating your revenue capsules (EBay/Amazon) and some of your photos to the right within text capsules.  It's easier on the eyes, because it allows the text to flow uninterrupted.  You're off to a great start!

"Floating" sounds like what I want to do. Could you advise me on how can I get that formatting?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
        Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just hit the right arrow button, and the capsule in question will "float" to the right of the capsule below it.  You have managed to do it (perhaps by accident) in a few instances.

Actually, in those instances, it was part of the original default formatting. Thank you so much! This is going to make hub design much better, and I intend to revise my current hubs with this in mind.

4. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

Ef I think you're alright! I'll take a look but use someone elses advice.big_smile

5. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

You can also go to specific categories that interest you and take a look at the high score Hubs and compare what you have to theirs wink review the layout, tags, pics, etc. Welcome to HubPages and glad you're enjoying the site. smile

6. EFPotter profile image60
    EFPotterposted 6 years ago

I've done some revising, specifically on this hub, which I think is my most informative: http://hubpages.com/hub/Order-One-Sticky-at-a-Time

I've floated the Amazon parts to the right, broken them up, and added a video at the end. I also worked some on my hub Cloud Cover: All About Clouds, but that was just some more breaking up and adding a picture.