jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

How do you reward a good hub?

1. The Indexer profile image80
    The Indexerposted 8 years ago

I'm sure you frequently come across hubs that make you think "That was good - I enjoyed that". What is your usual practice to show the hubber that their efforts are appreciated? A thumbs up? A comment? Or click on an ad? Or all three? Which do you most appreciate if you are the writer of a good hub?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I usually do the thumbs up and a comment.  If the ad interests me, I will click it.

2. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 8 years ago

I prefer a comment

3. mrs know it all profile image80
    mrs know it allposted 8 years ago

I usually comment if I have time. To be quite honest, I often forget about the thumbs up, but now that you mention it, I will do it more often. I'm a newer hubber so haven't developed all my habits yet.  Never considered a click on the ads but that surely is a nice way to thank someone.  While none of us are going to get rich on HP,  many of us are here to make a couple of extra dollars.  good idea.

4. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 8 years ago

I wouldn't recommend clicking on an ad as a reward.

5. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I thumb's up Hubs I like and comment when I feel I have something interesting or useful to say.

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image88
      Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago in reply to this

This is exactly what I do.

6. William F. Torpey profile image85
    William F. Torpeyposted 8 years ago

I like to comment when I like a hub. I give a thumbs up for especially good hubs, but somehow I often forget. I don't think it's appropriate to click on ads unless you intend to buy something.

7. Peter M. Lopez profile image90
    Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago

A nice comment and a thumbs up are always welcome, I would imagine.

8. kerryg profile image87
    kerrygposted 8 years ago

I give a thumbs up, and comment if I have something interesting to say, or sometimes just to thank someone for sharing especially useful or interesting information.

I might click an ad if there was an interesting one, but I'm pretty ad-blind, so I haven't done it yet, though I have had to restrain myself from clicking my own ads a few times because I pay more attention to them and they usually are about things I'm interested in. smile

9. mrs know it all profile image80
    mrs know it allposted 8 years ago

Yes (hitting myself over head with frying pan) this may sound like backpedaling, but I should have clarified. Perhaps paying more attention to the ads on the person's page who's hub you liked is the obvious - because it would be content you might be interested in and the click would be genuine.  To deliberately click on an ad for no reason but to reward the writer would NOT be a good idea.  Google frowns upon ad clicks by "friends" and may flag you and revoke your ad privileges, so not a good idea unless it's something you are genuinely interested in.  Sorry if I led anyone down the wrong path...

10. cflynn profile image85
    cflynnposted 8 years ago

i thumbs up and a comment if i have someting to say also. i have never thumb down anything i would feel a bit guilty unless it was something distastefull.

11. chantelg4 profile image79
    chantelg4posted 8 years ago

I thumbs up and comment for sure. I refrain from clicking, so as to not jeopardize the integrity of hubpages, but I would if I was very interested and buying was on my agenda.