jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (19 posts)

suggestions to up my hub rating

1. sherwinboy profile image60
    sherwinboyposted 9 years ago

It says my hub rating is only 46:/, so if you could please go to hubpages.com/hub/tower-defense and come back and tell me some advice that would be great.

2. Peter M. Lopez profile image91
    Peter M. Lopezposted 9 years ago

Your hub is not published.  You need to publish it.  As it gets traffic, comments, etc. the hubscore will go up.

3. sherwinboy profile image60

lol i forgot about that lol

4. sherwinboy profile image60

There. Now I published it, so you can now look at it.

5. Peter M. Lopez profile image91
    Peter M. Lopezposted 9 years ago

More original text would help the hubscore.  There appears to be only one paragraph.  You might talk about the game, provide strategies, why you like it, etc.

6. sherwinboy profile image60

Thanks, I'll try it out.

7. darkside profile image79
    darksideposted 9 years ago

I wouldn't be too concerned on how much or how little your HubScore is when you first publish a hub. It should slowly climb. Provided the content is original and not too many of the outgoing links are going to the same domain then it should do alright.

After that it's mostly a matter of traffic.

I published a hub a couple of days ago and it dropped to 41 before it started rising. It's now at 86 and has 25 comments.

8. sherwinboy profile image60

Thanks for all these comments and advice, I'll try all this stuff out.

9. Whitney05 profile image64
    Whitney05posted 9 years ago

Add screenshots of the game, cheats and tips if there are any, a walkthrough or summary of the game.

If you want to promote a game, you need to get people interested in the game. A video and a handful of links isn't going to do much but have people click off you hub and onto one of those links without spending much time on the hub so definitely add more text and some pictures.

Wait, I found the screenshots... I'd move them above the comments box and see if you can find bigger pictures. The ones you have are hard to see.

Also, like darkside mentioned, for the few week or so the hubscore on a new hub will fluctuate greatly. Give it some time. Try to add original and useful content to get people interested to help with traffic.

10. pjdscott profile image74
    pjdscottposted 9 years ago

It's no hard to post your own profile picture - you're bound to get more hits and comments if people associate a personality with you. Alternatively, you can post a picture representing your interests or ideals.

1. waynet profile image50
      waynetposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Yeah profile pics are what can make or break your blogging and hubbing, it doesn't matter if you don't want to add your real picture, because you don't have to, but I sure do as I want people to see my mush.

As for your hubscore, just keep at it, the more you write, the more you will have hubscore success, I'm currently going on an affiliate fast, were I will attempt to write hubs for awhile without adding any affiliate links, just content to see how it pans out!

2. WeddingConsultant profile image81
      WeddingConsultantposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Take pjdscott's advice on this one!  He put a great deal of thought into his profile picture!
      wink

11. Whitney05 profile image64

I wouldn't necessarily say that a profile picture of you, but any profile picture that may depict something of yourself, would help. I didn't think about that. I do find that I click on more hubs where the hubber has a pfile picture. It makes it seem more real versus just another article online.

12. sherwinboy profile image60

Thanks everyone, I'll add a picture of me. And I created a forum, and the address to it is towerdefensesforum.forumcircle.com.

13. sherwinboy profile image60

There, I added a picture of me.

14. sherwinboy profile image60

And I made my pic's click-able.

15. sherwinboy profile image60

I already added a profile picture, so you can stop telling me to add one.

16. Whitney05 profile image64

sherwinboy, I think that Wedding Consultant, was just giving you advice towards picking a  picture, not telling you to add one, as we can see the pictures.

17. sherwinboy profile image60

Well, I can't find any good pictures of me.

working