jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (23 posts)

Blogs

1. salt profile image65
    saltposted 7 years ago

I noticed some people have blogs attached to their hubs. I thought this would be good for affiliate links that I believe I am not allowed to link to my hubpages.

This might be incorrect, so if anyone knows, can we link affiliate links to other sites?

And if blogging or if you have a blog, can you or do you monetorize it? And can you add advertisement you want.

2. salt profile image65
    saltposted 7 years ago

please, please someone read, have an answer and say hello

3. Has_aWayWithWords profile image81
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 7 years ago

Salt, I have a blog which is using adsense as well as affiliate programs. You can put a link to your blog on your hub pages profile and you can also link from a hub if your blog is on topic and not duplicate. You also need to be sure the hub is not overly promotional and only intended to send people to other sites or blogs. Do it tastefully or link from your profile to your blog and you will be fine.

4. skyfire profile image71
    skyfireposted 7 years ago

If you're asking about using clickbank/affiliate URL's then to some extent it is allowed. And i'm not sure about linking to other sites in our hubs/profile, i'm not clear here what you mean.

For monetizing blog, use Yieldbuild for your adsense and other than that you can use project wonderful,adbrite,ebay etc. If you host your own blog on server or on blogspot you can add any type of advertisement you want.

Check "entrecard" if you want some traffic to you blog.

1. jacobkuttyta profile image47
      jacobkuttytaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

can you explain what is yieldbuild??

1. skyfire profile image71
        skyfireposted 7 years ago in reply to this

it is service that optimizes our ads (position, color, etc etc). Hubpages founders are running that service. Ask any question to hubpages team or directly to yieldbuild team.

5. thisisoli profile image56
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

You can link from your blogs to hubpages, you can also link from Hubpages to your blogs.  In both cases the trick is to keep things non promotional, natural, and well written.

1. Lita C. Malicdem profile image60
      Lita C. Malicdemposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I thought so, too. I have a link from my blog to my hub and vice-versa. Thank you, this quote quiets my fear that I may have violated a rule.

6. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 7 years ago

I think so.

7. xboxps3wow profile image60
    xboxps3wowposted 7 years ago

if you link from hubpages to your blog and then from your blog to hubpages, your link value is lessened by a lot... reciprocal links are not that good wink

8. salt profile image65
    saltposted 7 years ago

Thanks, I am very grateful.. I half understand what youve told me and will check out some blogs to see how it works.

9. thisisoli profile image56
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

You can build your own blogs for good qulity backlinks, and advertize on them.  it is an effective technique, but be prepared to put the time in!

10. lovelypaper profile image69
    lovelypaperposted 7 years ago

Can you link from Hubpages to Blogger.com or Redgage to promote your blogs on other site?

1. Bill Manning profile image73
      Bill Manningposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes but it has to not be in a spammy, purely promotional way. Which is pretty much what a few said above. However you can't link to a adult site or anything like that.

11. ambieca profile image80
    ambiecaposted 7 years ago

so if you wanted to start a blog in order to link them, to create more traffic, which blogsites are best??

1. Bill Manning profile image73
      Bill Manningposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I myself get my own domain and hosting, then use wordpress which is free. However if you want to use a free blog site, go with blogspot. smile

12. SpiritLeo profile image73
    SpiritLeoposted 7 years ago

I link to hubpages from my blogs.I posted there my hubpage widget. It gets some traffic, not so much but at least something.

13. Has_aWayWithWords profile image81
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 7 years ago

If you want to get your blog built up it my be better to link from hubpages to your blog. Two reasons for this:

1: Hub Pages has a decent PR which will benefit your blog more than having a link from your blog which probably has a PR less than Hub Pages. High PR linked to lower PR will help boost the lower PR site over time.

2: Affiliate programs. You can use any affiliate programs and any number of ads and promotions on your blog. Hub Pages limits this so if you can get people who read your hubs to visit your blog and become regular visitors you have more potential revenue streams.

1. Mike Rogers profile image60
      Mike Rogersposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It depends where your money site is. I have found that backlinks to Hubpages that already rank well can really give the hub a huge boost. Even just a single properly formed backlink from the right source can have an effect.

IMO, if you have limited time and need to see results more quickly link to your hubs as your money sites. If you have a more long term patience and can tolerate the slow and steady, link out to your blogs instead as your money sites.

Also, never reciprocate between hub and blog by linking both ways. You'll negate the link benefits almost entirely.

Mike smile

14. ambieca profile image80
    ambiecaposted 7 years ago

this is a lot of good info, thanks.

15. skyfire profile image71
    skyfireposted 7 years ago

If you want to update multiple microblogs of yours then sign up @ sites like hellotxt.com or ping.fm. It saves lot of your time and you can update your multiple social networks from one dashboard.

16. Ladybird33 profile image62
    Ladybird33posted 7 years ago

Guys , this is very helpful and I definitely learned a few new tricks.  Thanks.

17. salt profile image65
    saltposted 7 years ago

thankyou for all the great ideas... I might try the backlinking from hubs for one week and then the other way around.

working