jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)

Is it time to change the profile photo?

1. mrs know it all profile image81
    mrs know it allposted 8 years ago

Since Whitney and Stephanie have recently changed their photos it's got me thinking about mine.   I think I've been here long enough to ask ... What do you think about the profile photo?  I originally chose it because it is directly related to my main site - One Stop Mommy Shop dot com -  (not sure what the rules are with links in here yet) - and I believe it's eye-catching and draws new onlookers.   But now I'm thinking that people may want to be able to identify me. 

I know as a hubber, I enjoy seeing your faces and identifying them with your articles.  It feels more personal and like we're having a conversation.  I suppose it depends on what's more important to me, new traffic, or my relationship with hubbers here.  I suppose it also depends ultimately on how much traffic I'm getting and what I'm trying to accomplish. But I'd really like to know what you all think and why. Thanks!  Oh, and Hoppy Easter, too.

2. Blogger Mom profile image78
    Blogger Momposted 8 years ago

mrs know it all - I like your stop sign, because it kind of says "Stop!  Read My Hub!", LOL. 

Personally, I'm reluctant to post a face photo - just as I'm reluctant to use my real name.  The photo I use is of my youngest under our beach umbrella on vacation in Cape May last summer.  The house in the background to the left in the photo is the one my family shares for one week every summer.  We've got great memories from those family vacations, and I always smile when I see my profile photo.  I think I'll keep it for a while. smile

3. stourt1 profile image61
    stourt1posted 8 years ago

I don't have a face picture because I don't have any on my computer.

4. WeddingConsultant profile image82
    WeddingConsultantposted 8 years ago

Congratulations to funride for changing profile pictures!  What a cool, new photo!

5. amy jane profile image84
    amy janeposted 8 years ago

I agree - very cool!

6. funride profile image79
    funrideposted 8 years ago

Well, thank you both wink. Hey Ed, how do you notice that so quickly!? yikes

After all the hubfaces changing in the last few days I was also thinking about making a refreshing to my profile picture lol. This one was taken by me big_smile back in 2004.

7. WeddingConsultant profile image82

Well, some call me stalker....

And I was about to comment on your picture in your BROKEN WRIST hub, but thought I'd mention it in the forums instead!  Congrats, man it really is a good photo of you.

8. WeddingConsultant profile image82

p.s. I've missed you on the smiley's only thread.  You never answered my question on there about touching my mullet!

1. funride profile image79
      funrideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

sad I don´t know what happened but my smiley´s tool bar has disappeared from firefox browser and when I try to download it again it says that I already have it installed. mad

9. Peter M. Lopez profile image92
    Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago

Nice one, funride.  Very mayoral.

10. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

funride - do you want to borrow a razor? big_smile

11. funride profile image79
    funrideposted 8 years ago

No thank you wink. I don´t shave myself since 1996 big_smile. But if you need I can lend you my Philishave (R) tongue

12. Shirley Anderson profile image85
    Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago

Stourt1....do we know each other?  I ask because your profile picture happens to also be my screensaver.  smile

I think whether or not you post your name and pic is dependent on your motivation for being here.  I post mine because I am a freelance writer and I want my work and name to receive exposure.  If I wasn't going public and only used hubpages as a creative outlet, as a hobby for example, I wouldn't do it.