How to get to number 1 on Google

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (17 posts)
  1. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 16 years ago

Bully your way to the top?

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/983/pic11910764628471dz4.jpg

2. darkside profile image66

People may have to RIGHT CLICK > VIEW IMAGE to see it not so squished.

3. MarloByDesign profile image77
    MarloByDesignposted 16 years ago

"Can you please remove your site from Google?" I am laughing so hard right now. And they threatened to sue...

Was that to you?

4. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 16 years ago

Oh dear, someone seems to have taken a complete step out of reality ....

Now wouldn't it be fun to forward that along to Google...?

5. profile image0
    Hovalisposted 16 years ago

That's hilarious. They don't have a leg to stand on, and if they can't optimise their site better, that's their problem. They don't even deserve the decency of a reply.

6. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

big_smile LOL

Why did you block out the from details? I would love to see the rest of it.
    They didn't even offer you money big_smile

7. darkside profile image66

No, it wasn't to me!

I saw it at another site and I thought it was so damn funny I just had to share it with my fellow hubbers.

If it was to me I would have given them my contact details so their lawyer could get in touch and thus begin a drain on their finances.

8. Hope Alexander profile image70
    Hope Alexanderposted 16 years ago

LMAO! That's classic. I like their style.

Now, would the rest of you please delete your Hubs so that mine can rank higher on HubPages? I'm asking nicely now, but if you don't comply, I'll sue you all under Section 2 of the "I suck" act of 1983.

1. Susan Ng profile image83
      Susan Ngposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha! I can't stop laughing! big_smile

9. kashifmahmood profile image41
    kashifmahmoodposted 16 years ago

This is funny big_smile

10. My 2 Cents profile image60
    My 2 Centsposted 16 years ago

That's classic reminds me of the time I got a threatening email from some hoser on eBay who was going to sue me for leaving negative feedback for the broken item he sent me.
    He actually sent me an email and a letter from some homemade letterhead stationary with a lawyers name and address on top, the best part was he misspelled ATTORNEY and used only one T!!!
    Are there really such stupid people out there or are they just pretending?
    LMAO

GOOD ONE DARK EYES!!lol produces

11. VioletSun profile image81
    VioletSunposted 16 years ago

OMG! LOL!!!!  This is too funny!  lol

12. makemoneyonline profile image38
    makemoneyonlineposted 16 years ago

If you read CAREFULLY he said that the website uses keyword that has nothing to do with the real content of the page. Then this would be keyword stuffing scheme which is like SPAM but within the SEO world and then yes someone has the right to notify google.

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Seeing that the person is threatening to sue I don't think they've got a grip on the real world. So it would be a matter of believing their opinion whether or not the site that is performing better than theirs is dominating a keyword that's not relevant to their keyword.

Indeed, if they are keyword stuffing, then contacting Google would work far better than contacting the alleged perpetrator.

1. makemoneyonline profile image38
        makemoneyonlineposted 16 years agoin reply to this

He may sue if this keyword is a trademark or something like that but I guess he would have mentioned that point. So yes he's threatening, but that's usual in the business world, you can always try to intimidate the other guy it doesn't cost anything: I've been threatened myself in the past for domain names I deposited. I told them I knew the law but that I won't compete with them and after that they proposed me to buy the domains smile

It's always preferable for both parties to try to solve the issue without refering to some arbitrage which can be lengthy.

13. Mathi P profile image60
    Mathi Pposted 15 years ago

funnny  no more good post here......

14. anne.moss profile image60
    anne.mossposted 15 years ago

Opened the thread hoping for some advice wink

This is good though - a laugh is always appreciated too!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)