jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Clarification on Amazon

1. leigia67 profile image87
    leigia67posted 7 years ago

Am I correct in that the only time you actually make money from Amazon is when someone cliks on something you have advertised on Amazon and then actually purchases THAT product?  Or, do we make money if they click through to Amazon and ultimately buy ANY product?

2. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 7 years ago

You get money if they click through to Amazon on your link and buy any product or products.

leigia67posted 7 years ago in reply to this

thanks for the clarification!

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

You only make money when someone clicks through your link, makes a purchase within that immediate visit to Amazon (no matter what the product is) and does not return it.

If they leave the Amazon site for any reason before completing the purchase, you don't get credit for it.

leigia67posted 7 years ago in reply to this

so how long does Amazon wait to credit your account then...30 days?

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Your account is credited when the item ships, but you'll see the dollar amount subtracted if the item is returned during the allowed return period.

5. Andrea Hanly profile image61
    Andrea Hanlyposted 7 years ago

I could be wrong, but I think there is a 24 hour cookie with amazon. This means if someone clicks through from your link and buys anything within 24 hrs you will get paid the commission. the only bad thing is if they click in through your link, then leave and click in through someone elses link. In that case you won't get the commission, even if it is within 24 hrs.

working