jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Couple of AdSense questions

1. gracenotes profile image92
    gracenotesposted 7 years ago

Please tell me if I am correct about these two things about AdSense.

1.  The amount you are paid per click is calculated by the amount of traffic you have, and what your average click-through rate is over a period of time.

2.  The amount you are paid per click is also affected by how long people stay on the ad page once they click.  In other words, if they click away after about 5 seconds, you don't get paid as much.

Thank you.

1. akmyamuna profile image9
      akmyamunaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Dear Gracenotes,

1. Only for number of clicks, not for your traffic. Each click has a cost which will be paid when someone click. Simply even you have 1000 visits but no clicks means no money. But you must know one thing, there are ads which paid for number of impression. Those kind of ads have cost for 1000 impressions. You can see earnings without any click for these kind of impression ads.

2. When some one click and go to sponser link, you will be get paid. But user must wait until sponser website be loaded.

Hope it is clear for you.

1. akmyamuna profile image9
        akmyamunaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

One more thing, amount of click is depend on the Keyword which showing in your hub. Some Keywords pay 20$ while some 0.01$.

Other thing is the country of user who click on ad, If someone from Africa click on same ad, you will get 0.01$ and if the user from USA you may get 1$ for same ad.

2. gracenotes profile image92
    gracenotesposted 7 years ago

Makes sense to me.  Thanks.  It's possible that some of the lower-paid clicks could have come from another country.  Either that, or the user clicked on an ad at the bottom of the hub, which would generate less income.

3. AlanSwenson profile image83
    AlanSwensonposted 7 years ago

I was wondering how some days I had 0 clicks but like .03 in earned money.  Thanks for clearing that up.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image78
      Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The money you made was from CPM ads.

4. DanPowers profile image73
    DanPowersposted 7 years ago

Different countries do of course get different adverts showing as well. Google also shows local adverts for some locations. They used to have a tool that would allow you to see what adverts you would see for a certain page if you were visiting from a certain country.

Obviously if you want to make money you have to write about lucrative topics or find niches with not much competition. Google Analytics can help you, it's fantastic once you plug it into your Adsense stats.

working