jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Can anyone make sense of this?

1. Bonnie Ramsey profile image88
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 8 years ago

I know I haven't had much coffee yet so my brain may still be fuzzed out. But for the life of me I can't make sense of this hub. Looks like maybe a poem or song but not sure. Anybody make sense of it?

I realize the person is new to HP but geez! I think they slept through much of the English class.

2. funride profile image77
    funrideposted 8 years ago

I suppose it could be a song (lyrics) roll, maybe for some sort of heavy band big_smile.

3. Bonnie Ramsey profile image88

Thanks Funride! I would say pretty heavy! When I see a hub like this first thing in the morning with no puctuation and you don't know where to stop and where to start I just head back to the coffee pot for another fix LOL.

4. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

Seems that it's been posted here: http://dlyricist.com/lyrics_writer/lyri … old-story/

And that hub is already indexed by Google. Four hours ago. Two hours after the hub author signed up at the site. So the hub was barely two hours old when it got found by Google. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_1_15.gif

5. Bonnie Ramsey profile image88

Sometimes they do show up that quick, Darkside. I think it is because HP is crawled so often by Google. I have had some to show up shortly after published. The directory hub of all my motivational and business hubs was one of them. I think Google loves HP LOL. This may be why new content is posted so quickly there. I dunno! :

6. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

I'm thinking it's free-verse...

7. Shirley Anderson profile image85
    Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago

I agree with Univited Writer.  I think the author sat down and wrote was in his head or heart, something like that.

8. The Indexer profile image81
    The Indexerposted 8 years ago

It makes about as much sense as "Chevy to the levee"!

Personally, I think it works as a form of "stream of consciousness". It's not easy to write in this style and not lose control of it, and this writer just about pulls it off. It's not quite in the same league as Joyce's "Finnegan's Wake" (which might have been the subject of the English class that he DID attend!) but a creditable effort all the same.

9. Bonnie Ramsey profile image88

I'm not criticizing the writing ability. What I was referring to was the fact that with no punctuation at all, it was all just plastered on the page and it was hard to make sense of it not knowing where to pause, stop, etc. When I was talking about the English classes, I meant in the learning to use punctuationsLOL. Sorry about that misunderstanding. I seem to be having a problem with that this morning. sad I also write poetry and songs but I do use punctuation in them to help make sense of them. That's the only problem I had with it.

10. The Indexer profile image81
    The Indexerposted 8 years ago

Bonnie ... Hence my reference to Finnegan's Wake (and the same applies to Ulysses).  Joyce could manage whole pages without a single punctuation mark. They are not easy to navigate, but it can be done. Mind you, Joyce was a literary genius, and the same cannot be said for all his imitators!

11. Thom Carnes profile image61
    Thom Carnesposted 8 years ago

Seems more like late Kerouac than Joyce to me.