jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (16 posts)

I got an amazon order! Help me understand this! THANKS

1. AllanWrites profile image60
    AllanWritesposted 6 years ago

Ok so I'm excited because I just logged into my amazon associates account and I've gotten my first ordered item!

The item was expensive

For example, let's say it's $1000

Does that mean once it ships i'll get paid 4% ($40)?

My current earnings are currently $0 but i'm assuming thats because
    it hasn't shipped?

Do you get 4% of the list price, or 4% of whatever profit they make?

Am I ever actually going to get paid for this order?

2. Ohma profile image82
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

No idea as I have not made any Amazon sales but congratulations!

3. Mutiny92 profile image87
    Mutiny92posted 6 years ago

congratulations!  I haven't had an order placed yet, but thought I would say Gratz to you anyways!

4. AllanWrites profile image60

thank you kindly

5. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 6 years ago

In a nutshell, you got it right. There are difference in percentages depending on the type of item it is. And when you sell over a certain amount the percentages can go up a few percent.

6. AllanWrites profile image60

no way, so i actually made that money? that's amazing.

7. lorlie6 profile image86
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

Awesome!  And I just deleted my Amazon Affiliate account by accident. sad  I'll get it going again, though, with news such as this!! smile

1. AllanWrites profile image60
      AllanWritesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You better!

The order was a big one and I have the potential to make 25 times  what i've made on adsense in all this time if it goes through smile

8. Karina S. profile image61
    Karina S.posted 6 years ago

Congratulations, Allan!

9. seamist profile image81
    seamistposted 6 years ago

Hi Allan

Congratulations! Don't quote me, but in answer to your questions - A. You recieve 4% of the list price. B. You will get paid by Amazon when your affiliate revenues reach $100. By the way, I don't remember how many items you have to sell before you can earn 6%, but it isn't very many.

10. Isabelle22 profile image60
    Isabelle22posted 6 years ago

I received an order too on Amazon this week and my commission for the order is underneath it. I am so thrilled.

11. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Selling an item worth so much is impressive, I tend to aim for cheaper items, and selling a lot of them tongue

12. Sanarya profile image80
    Sanaryaposted 6 years ago

good for U. and thanks 2 U I have consider filling up all affiliate form and i hope I 'll as lucky as yourself!
    take care

13. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

I also sold one expensive item through Amazon (for well over $1000)! But that was a month ago and I have sold zilch since then.

14. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

Allan, it can sometimes take awhile for an item to ship, I had a few orders that took almost 2 weeks to ship. It was kinda frustrating but in the end it shipped and turned up in my earnings smile
    I have yet to have a returned item or an ordered item canceled but I know that is the worry with bigger ticket items hmm

15. ThePartyAnimal profile image81
    ThePartyAnimalposted 6 years ago

Keep Amazon on your Hubs when you can - I do very well with them and it pays off. It may not seem like much at first for you. But it will pick up and bring you some spending money in the end.