jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

do you buy a product because of the celebrity endorsing it or because you like t

1. chigoiyke profile image60
    chigoiykeposted 6 years ago

am kind of wondering. How much influence does celebrity endorsements have on you? I just heard getorade has terminated their deal with tiger. Why not let this guy be already?

1. Steve 3.0 profile image59
      Steve 3.0posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am more likely not to buy a product endorsed by a celebrity.  Don't like the celebrity culture.

1. Ohma profile image81
        Ohmaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Same here. I think that the cost of celeb. endorsment only increases the cost of the product.

2. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

truthfully I am embarrassed but have no clue who endorses what -- don't watch  TV or read magazines.

So lame and out of the loop.  sigh.

1. timorous profile image92
      timorousposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No need to be embarrassed, lyrics.  I'm largely out of the loop myself.  I only read enough to get an overview of what's going by reading various news websites.  90% of what goes on is fairly pointless anyway. hmm

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

it has no influence for me~ sometimes it is counterproductive, I think why pay this over paid celebrity to make more $ selling your product!

4. 0
    moonphlowerposted 6 years ago

I buy a product because I like it or because someone I know likes it...not because some celebrity may have been paid to say they like it.

5. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

I can't stand the concept of "celebrities". I deliberately avoid buying any celebrity-endorsed products since I resent that part of the price I would pay is money going into the pocket of an idiot I despise.

It's no great deprivation. There are always plenty of almost identical alternatives available to purchase.

6. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I have seen a few commercials that got me so upset that I would never buy from them, the old old navy commercials brought out some real violent urges in me lol

A good ad I don't mind but am not won over by either. I usually record everything and fast forward through the ads. The other day there was one with a comedian I really like, omid djalili and Iranian comedian. I actually had a good laugh but haven't the foggiest what it is I am supposed to go out and buy! Did you know that in the middle east they have a word for people totally incapable of haggling? This is due to an abnormally high cringe response. The word for such afflicted people in the middle east is 'British'. I still don't know what it is that he was selling there hmm

7. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 6 years ago

Celebrities don't have any influence on me at all. Matter a fact the off brand product is probably better anyway! smile